UW- Stout’s Silhouettes Fashion Show

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

As told by Ashley Hagerman, one of the collection models, “I’m nervous, but I’ve seen all the hard work the designers have put in to make this perfect, and it’s going to be AWESOME!”

The Victoria Secret Fashion Show better step aside, because coming to UW– Stout is an even bigger spectacle, the Silhouettes Fashion Show! This is an annual event to showcase the product that some of our own Stout students have created. I had the pleasure of interviewing the Silhouettes Fashion Show Organization President, Marissa Leitschuh to learn more about this upcoming event.

What is the theme of the show this year?

Our theme this year is “Fashion Moving Forward.” This week, outside of the Great Hall in the Memorial Student Center will have some of our historical garments on display. These garments belong to the Apparel Design and Development program, so we would like to thank them for allowing us to use these garments to create our beautiful displays. We have many different garments from different decades, leading up to a garment display from our show last year. We thought it would be interesting to show off how clothing has evolved and changed throughout the years, and how fashion is constantly moving forward. We are also collaborating with FAB, soon to be FORWARD magazine, and we will be hosting an after party with them after our Saturday fashion show, which is at 4:00pm.

How many designers do you have included in the show?

There are around 30 designers involved in our fashion show this year.

How much is involved for each designer and how long have they spent in preparation?

I would assume that each designer has spent at least 10+ hours on each garment or outfit that they are putting in the fashion show. That includes sketching, pattern making, prototype sewing, and the final construction of the garment.

How successful do you think this year’s show will be compared to past shows?

I feel that this show will be a successful year. We have changed our guidelines a bit, and now members of any class level are able to put as many garments in the fashion show as possible. We have a lot of different and unique styles that will be walking down the runway this year and I am so excited to see the final show production coming up this weekend. Along with that, we have a fantastic DJ, two great photographers, and a wonderful videographer helping us with the production of our show.

When can we see this amazing show and where will tickets be sold, and what’s the cost?

Our fashion shows dates are: Thursday, April 28th at 7pm and Saturday, April 30th at 4pm. The Saturday show includes the Award Ceremony following, along with senior displays set up in the ballrooms of the MSC. Plus, we have our FORWARD magazine collaboration party that evening as well. Tickets are five dollars each for students with a student ID and $15 for the general public.

Thanks to Marissa for her time informing us about the event! Don’t forget to pick up your ticket today in order to see the hardwork of your classmates!

Allison is a girl. She likes to think she's "not like other girls" but that probably untrue.
Her Campus at UW-Stout