Trying Personalized Shampoo and Conditioner

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

I often get intrigued by ads on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. I have seen the ad for personalized shampoo and conditioner countless times and finally took it upon myself to check it out. To try out this customized shampoo and conditioner, you head to their website called Function of Beauty. You first start out by taking a quiz. They ask you questions such as your hair type, hair structure, and scalp moisture. 

Then you continue to select five goals out of the seventeen they provide that you want for your hair such as replenishing hair, fixing split ends, hydrating, lengthening, color protection, anti-frizz, shine, and much more.After that, you get to customize your shampoo and conditioner by picking the colors, fragrance, and the formula name.Lastly, you get to pick a size and if you want to receive it every month, every two months, every three months, or just once. You can also get a tote bag, travel bottles, and hair ties for an additional ten dollars. The eight ounce bottles are a bit small for the price of 36 dollars, but getting to choose exactly what you want for your hair makes it a little more worth it.After trying my sister’s customized shampoo and conditioner, I have wanted to purchase my own. I would recommend this if you are looking for some really specific things to help your hair get healthy again. It’s super refreshing and also comes in really pretty colors! The few times I have used it definitely made my hair feel healthier.

Erika is a Professional Communications and Emerging Media student at the University of Wisconsin - Stout.  She hopes to find a career in journalism after graduation to continue her love for writing. She loves fashion, dancing, and sleeping.
Her Campus at UW-Stout