This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Top 10 Beauty Tips and Tricks

Most of us have our own secret little beauty hacks we use on the daily. Add these 10 to your list if you haven’t already to make your busy life a little easier.

1.       Rub a dryer sheet on your hair to quickly eliminate static.

2.       Blot your face with a coffee filter to get rid of any shine in the morning or throughout the day.

3.       To help heal small cuts from shaving, use lip balm to quicken the process.

4.       Always having problems with keeping bobby pins in your hair? Spray hairspray on them before using to keep them in place all day long.

5.       Dry shampoo isn’t just for a quick refresher in the morning. Use the night before to achieve voluminous hair the next day. This will also promote absorption for any natural oils during the night to keep your hair looking fresh in the morning.

6.       Renew your dried up bottle of mascara by letting it soak in a cup of hot water for a few minutes before use. By doing this, you thin out the product and help to reduce clumps and messy lashes.

7.       Spray a little bit of hairspray on a tooth brush to tame flyaway.

8.       Line an eyelash curler with eyeliner and finish two tasks with one!

9.       Use a tissue and translucent powder to put over lipstick. This will help make it last all day so you rarely need to reapply.

10.   Get thicker lashes in seconds! Roll a Q-tip in baby powder and coat your lashes before you put on mascara.

Her Campus at UW-Stout