Summer Makeup that Will Last All Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

With the summer heat and humidity just around the corner, it’s time to change your beauty routine. The heat can cause your normal makeup to become a mess, with foundation running down your neck, and mascara smearing all over your face. But don’t give up hope, makeup lovers! Here are a few great summer drugstore makeup products guaranteed to last through the heat, sweat, and water.

Sunscreen:

The most important beauty item, especially in the sunny summer. If you love to wear a full face, or simply stick to mascara, everyone should slather sunscreen on their face every day.

Tinted moisturizer:

Lighter then foundation, this is perfect for adding a little bit of coverage with out feeling like you are wearing a thick coat of foundation. Bonus points if you find a tinted moisturizer with SPF in it, like this Aveeno one!

Concealer:

This Catrice concealer is waterproof, highly pigmented, and lasts for hours. Perfect!

Powder:

Set the tinted moisturizer with a great long lasting face powder from Maybelline to ensure it stays all day.

Mascara:

Any waterproof mascara will do, but my favorite is the Covergirl Supersizer.

Eyeliner:

Nothing is worse then when your liquid eyeliner smears and ends up all over your face. This Wet n Wild waterproof eyeliner comes in 2 shades and stays in place.

Eyebrows:

Keep your eyebrows on by using the NYX Eyebrow Gel. This formula is waterproof, lightweight, and can be applied with a brush.

Eyeshadow:

By far the best waterproof eyeshadow is the L’oreal Infallible eyeshadows. These are super pigmented, and literally last all day.

Setting spray:

The final touch to any summer look is a long lasting setting psray! These help seal the makup and keep it put all day. My favorites are the ELF makeup mist

So whether you love a full face of makeup in the summer, or simply want some mascara, any of these long lasting options will do the trick! 

Her Campus at UW-Stout