This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Even though finals are just around the corner, the itch for summer is at an all-time high. All collegiettes are craving their messy hair, sundresses, and carefree attitude and I’m going to tell you how to be prepared for every occasion this summer with these beauty must have’s!

#1 Sea Salt Spray 

I recommend Healthy Sexy Hair’s Soy Renewal Beach Spray. You can find it at Ulta and Target for about twenty dollars! A lot of times Ulta does a “Big Sexy Hair” sale and you can get it for six or seven dollars. This product is great for every hair type and has several different uses. I use mine when I do my top knot and for a beach waved look as well!

#2 Blotting Papers

Everybody knows that after a full day of grad parties you’re hot, bloated, and sweaty. If you don’t experience these feelings you’re a liar.  But, there is nothing worse than looking shiny, so these blotting sheets from Neutrogena work perfect for keeping your makeup on fleek. They can be found at Target, Walmart and other large retailers for about nine dollars for fifty sheets and will fit perfectly in your purse!

#3 Argan Oil

I cannot stress enough what wonders this magical serum has done for my hair. As a blonde, my hair is naturally dry and this rejuvenates it so that my hair blows in the wind like it should! I use Organix brand Weightless Healing Dry Oil ($8 at Ulta, Target, Walmart) each time I blow dry my hair. Apply it on damp hair and blow dry down the hair shaft for perfectly smooth hair!

#4 Neutral Colored Eyeshadows

Most of us wear neutral to begin with, however, the summertime is the most important time to wear neutral colors. We all want to look as if we “woke up like this” and are on our top Beyonce game and simple and neutral colored makeup is the way to go. I would recommend buying several different neutral tones from BareMinerals; my favorites are Sultry, Celestine, and Drama. (Each $14, See BareMinerals Review) But if you want to go a different route, Maybelline New York The Nudes Palette is only $12 at Ulta and has eleven shades within that. Either way you go, you’ll be Sasha Fierce.

#5 Lipstain

For a day at the beach, lipstain is perfect. You don’t have to dilly dally with reapplication, one swipe and you have gorgeous lips all day long. As far as brands go, you really can’t go wrong. The stains I have the most experience with are Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain that runs for about nine dollars, but will make you look like a million!

#6 A Good Lotion

The sun just loves to dry out our skin in attempt to give us a sunkissed look. Moisturizing is key for the summer. I use Hempz Lotion in any of the scents! These lotions are all-natural with a blend of 100% Pure Hemp Seed Oil and tons of different antioxidants with natural herbal extracts PLUS it’s SPF 15. I even use it for my face lotion! It’s like baby lotion, it’s so good for your skin!!

#7 Water Bottle

This seems silly for a beauty blog but, when you have beautifully hydrated skin, you’ll be thanking me! I recommend the Avex Kangaroo Autoseal Water Bottle. It’s SO cool!  This water bottle runs for about twenty dollars and has a storage compartment for hiding your credit cards, keys, and ID while you’re doing your thang. There’s a spout shield to ensure that no dirt will get in your H20 and it also has a carabineer that allows you to attach it to your bag when you’re on the run. It comes in a variety of colors so you’re sure to find one that fits you!

With it being finals week and stressing out about finishing up strong, remember that this summer is sure to be a great one no matter what your plans are, but if you make sure you have each of these items in your bag, you’re on your way to being #flawless.

Have a great summer! 

Special Education major at UW-Stout. Supplementing my education with my Beyonce obsession, Netflix, and being a princess. 
Her Campus at UW-Stout