Stop Sitting in Your Dorm Room Bored! Go Look for Ways to Get Involved

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Okay, here’s how it usually goes. It’s your first year of college and you are excited about all the amazing, adventurous activities you don’t have planned for yourself while here. That’s great for the first week of college since you can pretty much just wing it anyway. But, if you’re going for the not winging route, here are ways you can get involved on campus to keep yourself occupied. 

Next thing you know, your first week of being a new college student is over and you have absolutely nothing to do after finishing all your assignments. Well, you’re in luck because I can help you with this. Stout has this amazing place called the Involvement Center, where students should go to get a start on  getting involved on campus. Even if you are having trouble figuring out what clubs or organizations would be a good fit for you, the Involvement Center can help.

See, you don’t want to be that regular college student. You know, the one who goes to class every day then heads home only to do homework and watch Netflix for the rest of the night. You want to be the college student that is well-rounded. Someone that is involved in lots of organizations, clubs, and sports. This way you can separate yourself from the rest. 

If you are a new student, I’m sure you’re figuring out that college is challenging. Don’t think because of that you shouldn’t add more to your plate. College is meant to be challenging, which includes all of these sports, organizations, clubs, and many more activities. When you use your time wisely and balance your schedule, college will still be challenging, but anything challenging can be overcome. So go on and challenge yourself to be the great student that you are. 

Her Campus at UW-Stout