This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Spring is here, and there’s plenty to be excited for! Such things like actual green grass, longer days spent outside with friends, and don’t forget baseball pants (insert heart eye emoji here).  The UW-Stout Baseball Team opened their home season on Tuesday, March 24th against Northland College.  It’s been an exciting start for the baseball team this year as they are already 9-2.  Over spring break, the baseball team traveled to Fort Meyers, Florida where they went 5-1.  Prior to traveling to Florida, Stout opened their sesaon by splitting wins against Bethel University.  They then sweeped Hamline University and went on a six game winning streak.  As soon as the warmer weather comes, I strongly recommend going out and seeing them in action! Some players to watch out for this season are Jake Lunow (third base), Josh Halling (right field), Nick Nalbach (shortstop), and Charlie Meyer (catcher).

Along with baseball season starting up, the UW-Stout Women’s Softball team has also opened their season play.  The women’s team unfortunately haven’t gotten off to as good of a start, but have played some difficult games against some tough, nationally-ranked teams.  They also traveled somewhere warm for spring break this year, Clermont, Florida where Stout went 3-7 in the spring break set.  They will be traveling again this Saturday to Rockford, Illinois where they will battle against three different schools.  Their home season will open up the week following baseball’s on April 2nd against Whitewater.  Last season, the team ended on a great note as they won conference.  Hopefully with the help of thirteen returning players and seven incoming freshmen, the team will be able to defend their rightfully earned title again this year! 

Indoor track and field just concluded with the Nationals meet last weekend, but it’s already time for spring season.  At Nationals, the Stout team had five individuals achieve All-American status, or place 8th or higher.  The women’s 4×400 meter relay team ran their second fastest time of the season, and placed eighth overall.  Patrick Jenkins, who competed in two different events, earned All-American honors when he placed second in the 5000 meter run.  Both men and women opened the outdoor season in Tulsa, Oklahoma over spring break.  Both teams had some key finishes in a lot of various events, and both teams will travel to La Crosse for their second outdoor meet of the season on April 2.

Photo Credit: Layne Pitt

Camille is a sophomore at UW-Stout pursuing a degree in Dietetics and a minor in journalism.  Aside from writing for Her Campus, Camille is a member of the UW-Stout Women's Soccer team and part of the Navigators student ministry here on campus.  In addition to taking selfies with her dog and playing soccer, Camille enjoys watching videos of hedgehogs, chocolate-covered espresso beans, and anything that involves the great outdoors.
Her Campus at UW-Stout