Show your Plutonic Love This Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Valentine’s Day has become a stereotype-filled day of lovey-dovey couples and single girls weeping over pints of Ben & Jerry’s. There are many forms of love; let’s use Valentine’s Day to celebrate plutonic love!

My favorite thing about Valentine’s Day is the cards. Cards work for all the people in your life. I kind of miss the valentines from elementary school when they had everything from candy hearts, to Powder Puff Girls, to Toy Story themed valentines.

For a more casual relationship celebration, make your own card! My artistic abilities are pretty limitied, so I usually write a cheesy pun in colorful Sharpies on a piece of printer paper. It’s easy, and I have yet to meet anyone who doesn’t like getting cards like this.

My inspiration usually comes from the Internet and then I recreate it myself. By recreate, I mean write the words, and people laugh at them even though there’s not much going on.

For something a bit more serious, write a little note and then draw on the other side to make a more traditional hand-made card. Everyone has times where they need to be reminded someone’s happy to have them around; take the opportunity to do that for your friends on this Valentine’s Day. 

Her Campus at UW-Stout