This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Basics:

Name: Rachel RadzakHometown: Superior, WIYear: JuniorMajor: Interior DesignRelationship Status: Single

Rachel is a fun-loving, sweet, and generous girl..that is also completely single! *ahem, boys* She has a smile that will instantly light up a whole room in seconds, as well as a great fashion sense with amazing style, and knows how to own it. Rachel enjoys anything that has to do with fashion, horses and dogs. She stays busy by keeping up with schoolwork, drilling with the National Guard, participating in ROTC activities and events, and working at Express in Eau Claire. This next summer she will be travelling to Ft. Knox, KY for a month for the ROTC program, and she plans to have an internship for her Interior Design major for the rest of her summer. 

Favorites:

Song of the moment: Burnin’ It Down – Jason AldeanFood: ChocolateTV Show: FriendsMovie:  Letters to JulietGuilty Pleasure: Watching Frozen even though I’ve seen it a million timesThing you can’t live without: Burt’s Bees pomegranate chap stick

HC: What made you decide to join the National Guard? 

RR: I never had any interest in the military growing up, but during my first semester at Stout I realized that I wanted to be a part of something bigger than myself, something that would take me on adventures and allow me to do things I wouldn’t get to do otherwise.  The Army was the perfect opportunity for that!

HC: What’s your “life motto?”

RR: “Not my circus.  Not my monkeys.” – Polish proverb.  I always use this proverb as my life motto because there are so many factors in life that you can’t control – I always try to “go with the flow” in order to minimize stress and realize that for a perfectionist like me, if something doesn’t go the way I expected it to, that’s okay too. 

HC: What’s one thing not many people know about you?

RR: I skipped my high school graduation ceremony to participate in the European Model Showcase in Paris, France. 

HC: Oh wow, that must have been an incredible experience! What is your dream job? 

RR: My dream job would be doing some kind of intelligence work for the government, either through the military or civilian side.

HC: What are three things on your bucket list? 

RR: Cliff diving, learning to surf, and owning my own horse.

HC: You’re out for the night, and you see a really cute guy that you just have to talk to. How do you get his attention? 

RR: I’d try to make eyes first, and if it seems that he’s into me too I’d find a way to strike up a conversation with him. 

HC: What do you find most attractive in a guy? Deal breakers? 

RR: A sense of confidence always tends to draw me toward a guy.  There’s nothing more attractive than someone who’s comfortable in his own skin!  A deal breaker for me is immaturity.

HC: What advice do you have for the guys out there, regarding us females in general?  

RR: Once you find a girl that you like, don’t be afraid to show it!  A girl will do anything for you if she knows she’s valued and loves when you show her off. 

HC: What’s the most important thing that you think girls need to remember about dating/relationships today? 

RR: I think it’s so easy for girls to be fooled by what guys’ intentions are sometimes.  If a guy specifically wants a relationship, that will be made clear, and if a girl is hoping for a relationship after “hanging out” but the guy doesn’t seem very interested, chances are it’s not going to happen.

Her Campus at UW-Stout