Big Mac
Big Mac
Alex Frank / Spoon

Other States, Are You Okay?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Wisconsin is really the best of the Midwest. We have great sports, great food, and a great community. Because of the things we hold near and dear in our state, we’re worried about the rest of y’all. How do you survive without cheese curds within driving distance? We just can’t fathom missing that, or anything else on this list. 

Culver’s

So technically there are Culver’s locations spread throughout the country, but we had them first. We’re also home to the biggest Culver’s in Edgerton!

Kwik Trip

There’s a reason we all dread out-of-state road trips. I’d rather run out of gas than get it somewhere other than Kwik Trip.

Cheese Curds

It comes in so many varieties, and they’re all amazing! Separating a Wisconsinite from a cheese curd is a fun way to lose an arm. 

Cheese

You can’t make cheese curds without cheese, right? Get the squeaky goodness of Mullins Cheese, it can’t be beat!

Sports

Wisconsin has some of the most passionate sports fans in the world. And if you’re from Wisconsin, and you don’t worship the Packers, Brewers, Bucks (or god forbid, the Badgers!), it’s your secret shame. And if you happen to like the Vikings, the Cubs, or superior West Coast teams, may they grant mercy on your soul. 

Alcohol

We all say that our state has been out-drinking your state since 1848. Alcohol, and beer specficially, are such an engrained part of our culture. There are many reasons for this, and the most prominent being the abundance of high quality breweries. Our flagship Milwaukee is the unofficial beer capital of the world.

Every state can’t be as great as Wisconsin, but maybe the lot of you could take some vacation days over here. The people of Illionis have been doing that forever. 

Stephanie Zengler is a Business Administration major and Communication Studies minor, and she completely understands if you think her last name is actually Ziegler. Like a lot of business majors, Stephanie has a favorite Andrew Carnegie quote, and like a good communication minor, has very strong opinions on the Oxford comma. Aside from being a Stout student, Stephanie is an avid fan of Bay Area sports, Fleetwood Mac, and the amazingly perfect show Dollface.