Movies Perfect For Your Next “Netflix and Chill”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Are you really a millennial if you don’t have trouble choosing a movie for “Netflix and Chill”? There are so many to choose from, and it’s all too easy to make a rushed decision. You don’t want something that’s too long, too emotional, requires subtitles, or just isn’t your speed. You also don’t want to be fumbling through Netflix for forty minutes while your date gets too bored or tired to settle in. Avoid this rookie mistake by having a few winners on deck!

Sleeping With Other People

This is the quintessential “Netflix and Chill” movie. It has everything you’re looking for; likeable leads, catchy punchlines, an upbeat storyline, and so many sex jokes! You really can’t go wrong.

Set It Up

Netflix really hit it out of the park with this one, literally. Everyone loves this movie, and it has a really cute ending. This is a home run!

Always Be My Maybe

The birthplace of so many memes! This is the youngest of the movies on this list, and it it’s one you’re sure to fall in love with. It has a lot of heart, but that probably won’t side track your evening. 

Ibiza

What sets this flick apart from the others is that it primarily takes place in another country. Ditch the practicality of work life in America for the clubbling lifestyle of Ibiza. Something’s gotta get you there. 

Zombieland

If you’re not really the romantic comedy type, and you don’t want to mess around with “those” types of feelings, then you should definitely go for this underappreciated cult favorite. It’s funny, it’s fun, and there aren’t a lot of awkward silences. 

The Ugly Truth

There’s really no age max for “Netflix and Chill”. The characters here might be a little older, but you’ll be sure to forget that when you see the kind of comedy chops they’re bringing to the table. And Gerald Butler’s very charming accent is always a plus!

One of the most imporant aspects of choosing a movie for “Netflix and Chill” is that the movie is actually on Netflix. As of publishing, all of these movies are currently in the queue. 

Stephanie Zengler is a Business Administration major and Communication Studies minor, and she completely understands if you think her last name is actually Ziegler. Like a lot of business majors, Stephanie has a favorite Andrew Carnegie quote, and like a good communication minor, has very strong opinions on the Oxford comma. Aside from being a Stout student, Stephanie is an avid fan of Bay Area sports, Fleetwood Mac, and the amazingly perfect show Dollface.