Miss Campus Cutie: Cansis Bodsberg

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Name: Cansis BodsbergHometown: Boyceville, WIProgram of Emphasis: Business administrationRelationship Status: Single 

Favorite:

Song: Roll All Night by Whitney Duncan

Quote: “Keep the Faith. The most amazing things in life tend to happen right at the moment you’re about to give up hope. “

Place to be: On my grandparent’s farm with my horses.

Celebrity Crush: Scott Eastwood

HC: Tell us a little bit about yourself!

CB: My name is Cansis June Bodsberg and I am a junior here at UW Stout, and am from a small town of Boyceville WI. I have a twin sister and my family is everything. I absolutely love the outdoors and was born and raised in the country doing things like hunting, fishing, and enjoying the cabin life. I also love sports, I am a very active person and played one year of college basketball at UW Superior. My passion is horses. I have been riding horse since I was 6 years old and been hooked ever since. I’m a member in the Menomonie Saddle Club and we perform and entertain for county fairs, rodeos, and our state performance at the MN State fair. I also barrel race at shows and love to trail ride out west in the mountains. I’m a big people person and love meeting new people! Faith is everything.  

HC: How are you involved on campus at UW-Stout?

I was a captain for my intramural basketball team.

HC: What are your plans for this summer?

CB: Horseback riding, going to rodeos, and enjoy the outdoors. I love being up at our family cabin, tubing, fishing, and relaxing around the bonfire. I also have a full time internship at North Western Mutual Insurance Company in Eau Claire, WI. I will be a financial representative selling life and health insurance for them.

HC: How would you describe yourself in three words?

CB: Genuine, outgoing, and loving.

HC: What qualities do you look for in a significant other?

CB: Someone who can support me in my passions and also someone who will do everything with me. Not only do I want my soul mate, but I want my best friend who I can go to everything with, riding the ups and downs life will bring us.

HC: What is a deal breaker in a relationship?

CB: I would say the biggest deal breakers for me are not having a relationship with God and being unfaithful.

HC: What’s the most romantic thing a boy has ever done for you?

CB: I would probably say taking me out in the middle of know nowhere and watching the stars in the back of the cab.

HC: Any advice for your freshman self?

CB: Have fun and be safe. Don’t make stupid decisions that are going to affect your life forever. Stay true to yourself and never change for anybody. Be strong, confident, and know who YOU are. There’s going to be some downs throughout college where you’re going to doubt everything, but never forget the big picture at the end of the tunnel. You’re going to college for an education so you don’t have to work the weekends. You’ll meet your best friends that will bring you so many memories you would never imagine. Be in the moment because tomorrow is never promised.

HC: What’s the most important thing that you think girls need to remember about dating/relationships today?

CB: Commit to your relationship and know your boundaries. Respect your significant other and you will be loved unconditionally. Be forgiving and think of his feelings too. It’s not about you, it’s about making him feel loved and needed. Understand his life and passions, because “those are the things you love about him the most.” Don’t force things because if it’s not meant to be then it won’t happen. Remember, things happen for a reason and when one door closes, another door opens. When you know, you know. 

Her Campus at UW-Stout