Miss Campus Cutie: Allison Uy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Name: Allison Uy

Hometown: Brookfield, WI

Major: Professional Communication and Emerging Media

Year: Sophomore

Relationship Status: Single

HC: Tell Us About Yourself! 

AU: What do you want to know?  I’m a sophomore . . . and I’m heavily involved across campus.  Some of the things I like to do in my free time are reading, binging shows on netflix, and dragging my friends on new adventures!  I’m often described by those close to me as very animated.  Oh, and I’m looking forward to the new season of Doctor Who!

HC: What is your dream career?

AU: As a recent major transfer, I’m still trying to figure out what exactly my dream job is.  But I’m definitely excited to look for it in the field communications, as anything from a motivational speaker or a corporate training specialist.

HC: What is your favorite thing about Stout?

AU: The people! I’ve met a really eclectic group of people from many different backgrounds that I wouldn’t have had access to if I stayed close to home.  I love that Stout is forward-thinking and tries to predict and train new students for a changing career climate!

HC: Do you have any irrational fears?

AU: The great spider incident! (Laughs) There was a spider by my bed in my dorm, and I went on a desperate hunt to find my heroic savior to vanquish the spider! Low and behold, the one lone door in the distance lured me into the dorm of this intrepid reporter, whom helped me to coax the foe away from my bed so I could squash it! Now my roommate and I worry that it’s evil spirit still lurks!

HC: What do you look for in a guy?

AU: I look for someone I can talk for hours with.  Someone who can carry on a long-winded conversation, and is excited to go on random adventures. Someone who is passionate about what he loves, and isn’t afraid to do something with that passion!

Lightning Round!

HC: Spirit Patronus? 

AU: A majestic dragon.

HC: Favorite Study Spot?

AU: Laying on my lucious rug.

HC: Favorite Organization?

AU: Stout Swing Club of course.

Kate is a junior at University of Wisconsin Stout.  She is a Professional Communication and Emerging Media major, with a concentration in Applied Journalism and a minor in Speech Communication.   Very soon she will also be dual majoring in Digital Marketing Technology. Her interests include blogging, writing, swing dancing, watching movies and (yes) training llamas back home.  Check out her blog at http://collegiettebyday.com
Her Campus at UW-Stout