Meet Her Campus Editorial Director, Carley Hammers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Name: Carley Hammers

Major: Professional Communications and Emerging Media

Year: Junior

Hometown: Minneapolis, MN

HC Position: Editorial Director

Member Since: The birth of HC-UW Stout, so January of 2014.

HC: Why did you choose to attend UW-Stout?

CH: I came here because originally I was an interior design major and I heard they had a really great art program and also because it was hands on learning!

HC: What’s your favorite place on campus?

CH: My favorite place on campus is definitely the MSC.

HC: How did you hear about HC UW-Stout?

CH: Our lovely co-correspondant Lo

HC: What made you want to get involved?

CH: It was my second semester in the [PCEM] program and I wanted to be involved in something writing and I  loved what Her Campus was about and I love working with things from the beginning.

HC: What ideas do you have in store for the upcoming HC year?

CH: I’m super pumped about this year because we are officially an organization and all the marketing possibilities and outreach we can do is going to be amazing.

HC: Where do you get your inspiration from?

CH: I draw a lot of my inspiration from personal experiences and just exploring different parts of cities.

HC: Celeb Crush?

CH: Justin Timberlake, hands down.

HC: Favorite ice cream?

CH: The new Ben and Jerry’s Karamel Sutra, heaven in my mouth.

HC: Favorite App?

CH: Instagram

HC: Favorite HC Section?

CH: Style

Laura (Lo), originally from Milwaukee, WI, is an alumni of Her Campus and the University of Wisconsin - Stout. She majored in Professional Communication & Emerging Media and Strategic Communication. Lo was involved with Her Campus as a High School Journalism & Publicity Ambassador, Chapter Advisor and Campus Correspondent for HC UW-Stout. Laura is currently a Social Media Specialist for Fence Talk Digital and does freelance writing occasionally. Feel free to follow her on Twitter or add her on LinkedIn.