Meet Figure Skating Team President, Wren Blascoe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Major: Hotel Restaurant and Tourism Management

Minor: Spanish

Year: Junior

Hometown: Duluth, Minnesota

1. Why did you choose UW-Stout?

I chose to go to Stout because I really liked the size and personality of the school. It just seemed to be a good fit for me.

2. Tell us a little about the figure skating team.

The club accepts skaters of all levels, whether they’re just learning to skate or at a competitive level. We practice about once a week and in the Spring we put on a show.

3. Where and when do you guys perform?

We skate at the Dunn County Ice Arena and our ice show is in March. Everyone puts their own program together, and friends and family come to watch. It’s always fun to see everyone’s personalities come out in their programs.

4. What made you want to become president?

I grew up skating in a very competitive club in Duluth and I wanted to help create a fun vibe at the rink that makes everyone feel welcome and a part of the club.

5. Can anyone join?

Yes, we take skaters of all levels. It’s pretty neat to see some of the more competitive skaters helping others who are just learning. Its fun to watch everyone improve and it’s really cool that everyone is so willing to help each other.

6. Favorite part about the figure skating team?

I love how friendly all of the girls are. We all get along at the rink and are always willing to help each other. I also always look forward to the show in the Spring. I love to perform and put something of my own together.

7. How long has figure skating been a part of your life?

I’ve been skating since I was about 4 years old. My first pair of skates were hockey skates, because they didn’t have figure skates small enough for my feet.

8. Is being a part of the team a big time commitment?

We only skate once a week and you are not required to attend practices, so our club members can skate as much or as little as they want.

9. Future for the team?

I would love to see the club get more involved on campus. It would be great for us to perform at a hockey game or something down the road here.

Speed round-

Favorite food: Steak

Favorite Netflix Series: Anything from Breaking Bad to Parks and Recreation

Dream vacation: I absolutely love to travel so the ultimate dream would be to travel for as long as I want, wherever I want, with an unlimited budget.

Molly is a freshman at UW-Stout, majoring in professional communication and emerging media with a concentration in journalism. She is originally from Rosemount, MN. Molly is a pop culture junkie, dancer, singer, actress, and coffee lover. 
Her Campus at UW-Stout