Meet Campus Cutie – Miki Seliger

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Name:  Miki Seliger

Hometown: Athens, WI

Major:  Psychology

Year: Sophomore

Relationship Status: Single

HC: Describe yourself in three words.

MS: Ready for summer!

HC: How are you involved on campus at UW-Stout?

MS: I write and edit for Her Campus and will be the Editorial Director next year, and I also dance and choreograph for Dance Ensemble and go to Swing Dance whenever I can!

HC: Who is your style icon?

MS: Jennifer Lawrence. I love almost everything she wears! But honestly, that girl even makes tripping look good.

HC: What qualities do you look for in a significant other?

MS: I would want to be with someone who is genuine, has something they are passionate about, is optimistic, and it’s a big plus if they like dancing as much as I do!

HC: What is a deal breaker in a relationship?

MS: I couldn’t be with someone who is bigoted. Keeping an open mind and being kind to everyone is extremely important to me.

HC: What would be your ideal date?

MS: My ideal date would be anything that has a lot of distractions or awesome scenery to guide the conversation, because I tend to get nervous! An amusement park, zip lining, or simply going on a hike on a beautiful day would be awesome.

HC: What are 3 things you cannot live without?

MS: Music, my loved ones, and probably food.

HC: Where do you see yourself in five years?

MS: I’m shaking hands with Dumbledore; I’ve won the house cup. Kidding…I would like to say that I will be done with graduate school and training at the FBI Academy, but honestly I am the most indecisive person in the world so that will probably change. I will tell you that my backup plan is to be a flight attendant, just for the traveling perk.

HC: If you could have dinner with any celebrity who would it be and why?

MS: Jennifer Lawrence (again) – she’s hilarious and it would probably be a great time!

HC: What is something you’re most proud of?

MS: I am really proud of how independent and confident I’ve become. I used to be very dependent on others… the type of person that couldn’t go anywhere or do anything without someone else. Going to Stout and joining Dance Ensemble helped with that, which is part of the reason I love it here so much!

HC: What is a surprising fact about you?

MS: This is less of a fact and more relaying an experience that I had, but I worked at a place called Wildman Adventure Resort last summer and lived in my family’s old camper right by the Peshtigo River rapids. I had to fend off a lot of mice and tarp off several leaks, but it was so much fun!

HC: What’s one thing on your bucket list?

MS: I want to spend a summer hiking a really long trail with friends, possibly the Appalachian Trail or somewhere in Europe. It would probably be the experience of a lifetime!

Miki’s Favorites

Food: Crab legs

Celebrity Crush: Jared Padalecki

Hobbies: Dancing, playing video games, and bringing up the zombie apocalypse randomly in conversation.

Movie: Interstellar

Vacation Spot: Anywhere with great people and a gorgeous view!

Hanna Carpenter Hanna, originally from Prior Lake, MN, is a Senior at the University of Wisconsin - Stout with a major in Retail Merchandising and Managment. Hanna is a writer and partcipates in the event committee for the UW-Stout chapter. She loves spending time with her family and friends. She loves music and is a HUGE fan of Chris Brown.