Meet Campus Cutie Kallie Sersch

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Name: Kallie Sersch

Hometown: Dodgeville, WI

Major: Hotel, Restaurant, and Tourism Management

Minor: Business Administration with an emphasis in Event Planning

Year: Senior

Kallie pictured far right 

HC: Describe yourself in three words.

KS: Achiever, Independent, Positive  

HC: How are you involved on campus?

KS: I am the President of Dance Ensemble, Treasurer of Stout Events Society for event planning, I plan events for the MSC, and I work in the involvement center.

HC: Do you have any pets?

KS: I have two cats, Meeko (like the raccoon from Pocahontas) and Tucker!

HC: Where is your go-to study spot?

KS: Fourth floor of the library, by the windows because I am a people watcher!

HC: Why did you decide to come to Stout?

KS: I had a job in the hospitality field in high school and I really enjoyed it. The dance aspect influenced my decision as well. I wanted to continue dancing, but not at a professional level. I’ve been dancing since I was four years old and I knew it was something I wanted to continue when I went to college.

HC: What can you tell someone interested in joining dance ensemble? 

KS: Dance ensemble is a campus organization that welcomes students of all levels and backgrounds. It consists of students with a wide variety of experience levels. Everyone helps each other! “Dance Ensemble’s Fairytales” is a show we are putting on December 2nd and 3rd for anyone who is interested in watching. We have tryouts at the beginning of every semester. Don’t be intimidated by the word “tryouts”, we don’t “cut” anybody, we just evaluate to see what level of dance you would best fit in.

HC: What accomplishment are you most proud of?

KS: Two summers ago I had an internship at Northland Special Events which is a company based in Duluth, MN. I was working as an Event Assistant. I found it on my own and developed it with Stout’s career services. Since my internship, Northland Special Events have been coming to Stout to recruit people.  

HC: What are you looking forward to doing this winter break?

KS: I will be going to Spain on the wine and food pairing study abroad trip!

HC: What are your goals after graduation?

KS: I would like to go to Chicago and work for a corporate company or university doing events. I had an internship in Chicago this past summer.

HC: Do you have any siblings?

KS: Yes, my sister is a Freshman at UW- Lacrosse and I have a little brother who is ten.

HC: What is your favorite thing about the holiday season?

KS: I love decorating the Christmas tree! My mom always waits for me to come home on winter break from school to decorate the Christmas tree.

Kallie’s Favorites

Food: Pasta

Movie: 27 Dresses

Song: “Mirrors” by Justin Timberlake

Book: Anything written by Nicholas Sparks

Hobby: Dance

Animal: Raccoons because they’re cute

All photos courtesy of Kallie Sersch

Vanessa studies Early Childhood Education at the University of Wisconsin- Stout. She hails from southeastern Minnesota and currently lives with her fiance in Wisconsin. She is the proud dog mom of 2 fur babies, Marley and Daisy.
Her Campus at UW-Stout