Meet Campus Cutie – Jess Johnson!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Name: Jess Johnson

Hometown: Spicer, MN

Major: Business Administration and Supply Chain

Year: Senior

Jess’s Favorites:

Movie: My hands down favorite movie has always been Matilda.

Song: All Summer Long by Kid Rock will be #1 no matter how overplayed it was.

Food: Chips and Queso.

Vacation Spot: I haven’t been there yet, but once I do someday my favorite vacation spot will be Hawaii.  

HC: What is something you look forward to this year?

JJ: I hope my friends and I can plan a sweet get away for our last spring break all together. Although, I’m not sure much could beat our trip to South Padre, TX last year.

HC: What is something most people don’t know about you?

JJ: For my friends reading this, you already know. But I am a SUCKER for love, I love love! I love hearing stories or watching videos of proposals, I love the reaction of surprises, and I love going to weddings.

HC: What is your ideal first date?

JJ: My ideal first date could be this huge extravagant event, with a surprise at every corner. But honestly, I think that anything can be an “ideal” date with the right person. A Sunday afternoon drive, a late night ice cream run, lunch at your favorite restaurant, tickets to a football game, or a hike through Hoffman Hills all can be wonderful if your company is.

HC: What are your plans after college?

JJ: I want to get out! I’m from Minnesota so I want to get an internship somewhere far from Minnesota or Wisconsin. My plan right now is Colorado. I want to experience it while I can.

HC: What are you looking forward to after graduation?

JJ: I am excited for the day that all of my friends and I have homes all over the United States and we can travel to see each other or plan get aways with all of us and our families.

HC: What are 3 things you cannot live without?

JJ: I cannot live without summer lake days on the boat, Sunday morning church with my mom and sisters, and honestly I hate to say it but I’m way too connected to my phone to live without it.

HC: What is your go-to study spot?

JJ: Depends on the level of stress, most of the time I like to grab a booth at the MSC but sometimes the stress of the semester calls for a day in the top floor of the library.

HC: How are you involved on campus at UW-Stout?

JJ: I am involved in SSA, Sports Complex Advisory Committee, and Love Your Melon.

HC: What TV show are you currently binge-watching?

JJ: Revenge, How to Get Away With Murder, and I CAN’T WAIT for a new season of The Bachelor/Bachelorette.

HC: What is your ideal Saturday night?

JJ: Nights out with my friends, I’m trying to cherish every Saturday night left with them.

HC: What is the first thing you notice about a guy?

JJ: His smile, honestly. 

Hanna Carpenter Hanna, originally from Prior Lake, MN, is a Senior at the University of Wisconsin - Stout with a major in Retail Merchandising and Managment. Hanna is a writer and partcipates in the event committee for the UW-Stout chapter. She loves spending time with her family and friends. She loves music and is a HUGE fan of Chris Brown. 
Her Campus at UW-Stout