This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

When the first snow fell, I remembered when I was six and helping my father shovel the driveway. After that we made a snowman and went in for cocoa. The scene of snow brings me back to times of child antics and a chastity.

Have you ever witnessed a scene from a movie or smelt a scent that reminds you of your childhood? When you remember your past you often think of how things were and the joy makes you happy in your present stage.

Memories can often times seem unnecessary or depressing but once you remember that friend you had back in the fourth grade, you remember all of the sweet times or innocence and bliss.

You should be more nostalgic because it evokes the part of your brain which lets you see how good things were when you may be having a rough day or an unpleasant afternoon.

Also, as you get older, nostalgia helps you with your memory. The more often you reminisce about the past, the better you are able to account for what is happening at this moment.

So the next time you hear a song from the 90’s or early 2000’s, groove to it and remember where you were when this song played the first time you heard it. Take a minute to take it all in and remember times of having a fun time and not having a care in the world.

“Fashion is inspired by the youth and nostalgia and draws inspiration from the best of the past.” – Lana Del Rey

Hannah is currently a freshmen at the University of Wisconsin - Stout. She is studying Business Administration. Along with Her Campus, she enjoys sand volleyball, Netflix, and cats. 
Her Campus at UW-Stout