Local Student Lives Life As IRL Leslie Knope

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Local political science major Eve Yang has begun her yearly tradition of reminding people that she’s “basically a real life Leslie Knope”. 

“I did my internship over the summer in my local Parks and Rec department, my best friend is in the nursing program, my boyfriend is a nerdy accounting major, and I have a signed picture of Madeleine Albright on my desk.”

After graduation, Yang plans on backpacking through Indiana for a few months, and then settling down in Bloomington for awhile to get her masters in Environmental and Public Affairs at Indiana University. 

DISCLAIMER: Satire

Stephanie Zengler is a Business Administration major and Communication Studies minor, and she completely understands if you think her last name is actually Ziegler. Like a lot of business majors, Stephanie has a favorite Andrew Carnegie quote, and like a good communication minor, has very strong opinions on the Oxford comma. Aside from being a Stout student, Stephanie is an avid fan of Bay Area sports, Fleetwood Mac, and the amazingly perfect show Dollface.