Campus Shut Down Causes Dramatics for Local Student

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Senior Nursing student Kaylee George was really looking forward to ending her last year at school, and felt that two months left was enough time; packing up her apartment, decorating her graduation cap, and having plenty of “lasts” with friends. With the spread of the Voldemorte-esque sickness going on around the world, Kaylee was frustrated to learn that in-person delivery of classes would be suspended post Spring Break. Not knowing what to do next, Kaylee reportedly did what any expressive, sentimental person would do in the situation. She bought some sympathy cards, and started handing them out to friends and classmates, fearing how they would handle not seeing her again for a number of weeks. 

Upon receiving one of these cards, Kaylee’s friend Eve commented, “I’m not sure what reaction she was hoping to get, but if anyone would do something like this, it’s definitely Kaylee.”

DISCLAIMER: Satire

Stephanie Zengler is a Business Administration major and Communication Studies minor, and she completely understands if you think her last name is actually Ziegler. Like a lot of business majors, Stephanie has a favorite Andrew Carnegie quote, and like a good communication minor, has very strong opinions on the Oxford comma. Aside from being a Stout student, Stephanie is an avid fan of Bay Area sports, Fleetwood Mac, and the amazingly perfect show Dollface.