Local Student Feels Diffusion of Responsibility in Online Lecture

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Since starting the semester strong, Accounting student Shelby Lynn has been experiencing a phenomenon she didn’t prepare for. Back in January she was ready to hit the ground running with meditating, planning, and healthy living. Now it’s two weeks before finals and she’s stuck in online lectures feeling major diffusion of responsibility. 

“My professor just talks so quickly, you know? He’ll brush through a new concept, and then ask if anyone has any questions. And of course I have like a million questions, but I don’t want to be the person that asks. I’m always on the edge of my seat waiting for somebody else to say something at the 11th hour.”

Reports have confirmed that Lynn goes through the stress of the diffusion of responsibility on an almost daily basis now that classes are online, and hasn’t learned how to mitigate it in the slightest since then.

DISCLAIMER: Satire

Stephanie Zengler is a Business Administration major and Communication Studies minor, and she completely understands if you think her last name is actually Ziegler. Like a lot of business majors, Stephanie has a favorite Andrew Carnegie quote, and like a good communication minor, has very strong opinions on the Oxford comma. Aside from being a Stout student, Stephanie is an avid fan of Bay Area sports, Fleetwood Mac, and the amazingly perfect show Dollface.