This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Months into self-isolation left Computer Science student Debby Nichols with a lot of adjusting to do. Beyond moving back home, ruining her dogs life, and getting into the thick of it with online classes; she got a new dog!

Reportedly the sickness going around made it hard for Debby’s neighbors to take care of their four month old golden retriever mix, Hunter. And suddenly the Nichols family was glad to oblige when asked to be the dog’s new home. While the very active Hunter doesn’t really seem to get along with their quiet and reclusive pug Minnie, Hunter and Debby are fast friends. So much so that it’s been confirmed that Hunter is a big part of Debby’s routine in preparing for finals.

Our reporters say that this routine includes Debby antagonizing Hunter through throwing a racquetball around in the basement, and having Hunter run around as it ricochets against walls and storage. 

“I’m not sure how much Hunter is enjoying this, but it gets him to wind down before bedtime, so he doesn’t wake everyone up at 5am. I think even Minnie is grateful for that. Not to mention it is kind of cathartic watching him chase after like six racquetballs at once.”

Disclaimer: Satire

Stephanie Zengler is a Business Administration major and Communication Studies minor, and she completely understands if you think her last name is actually Ziegler. Like a lot of business majors, Stephanie has a favorite Andrew Carnegie quote, and like a good communication minor, has very strong opinions on the Oxford comma. Aside from being a Stout student, Stephanie is an avid fan of Bay Area sports, Fleetwood Mac, and the amazingly perfect show Dollface.