Life as a Fabulously Independent Person Ft. Beyonce

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.
  1. You are a rare breed.

We live in a world of people relying on other people. Since when have you seen a girl go to the bathroom alone or someone eating at a restaurant by themselves? We are extremely codependent people, so when you meet a girl who doesn’t follow the norm they tend to stand out. These rare girls do not think or act like most other women do.  They know what they want in life, are motivated, are passionate, and are independent.

1. You feel most comfortable single.

You cannot stand having to constantly account for someone else. When you are dating you feel constricted and confined always having another person to worry about. You hate constant texting conversations and someone wondering what you are doing at all times in the day. You like to just go about your day freely with only your own life to worry about.

1. You cannot stand people trying to tell you what you can or cannot do.

When someone tells you no your inner rebellious two year old comes out and you hardly listen. You are self-disciplined and know what you can or cannot do. When someone else tries to throw some unwanted input into your life while it may be taken into consideration it would never be a determining factor. You stand by your own decisions and usually do whatever you were going to in the first place.

1. You are one who is not easily affected by change.

You are a girl who has a lot of confidence in herself, so when life throws you those occasional loops you know you will be able to handle it.

1. You’re girl who is often dancing, if the music is good then why not?

There is little more fun and freeing that just hitting the dance floor with some fun, usually awkward, moves. At the party you are always up to dance with friends or alone. When you are comfortable just doing whatever you want you are not afraid to embarrass yourself a little by dancing your heart out.

1. You take care of yourself.

You are not used to asking for handouts and like to provide for yourself. Whether that be emotionally or physically you know how to take care of all your own needs. Rarely do you ask other people for favors and if you need something you will figure out how to do it yourself.  Feeling like you are incapable is one of your worst nightmares, so you work hard to know you can do anything.

1. You get the “where are you?” text all too often from friends.

On a daily at least one of your friends or your roommates will message you wondering where you are.  You tend to just go off and do things without telling people where you are going or what your plan is. It is never that you don’t want people to know, you simply just don’t think about telling people all that you do.

1. You often look a little like a hot mess.

From socks with sandals to white after labor day you’re know for breaking fashion “rules”.  You are so used to just doing what you want and not following others, and the same applies to fashion. You never know the latest trends and you have probably broken every fashion rule in the book, because you just wear whatever and hope for the best.

1. You are never nervous to talk to people.

Just because you are comfortable being alone does not mean that you are anti-social. You love to talk and will talk to anyone that you meet, at any social gathering. Since you are confident in who you are as a person it does not matter much what other people think. If they think you’re weird then so be it, you’re still cool with who you are.

1. You’re homeboy is forever Ne-yo.

Miss Independent. Enough said.

1. You are the friend people hate going out with because you always disappear.

You’re a wonderer. You go from friend to friend and place to place, which while it is fun for you, you are the nightmare to the friends trying to keep track of you. They often get mad at your disappearances, but know that in the end you will find them.

1. You have a lot of dreams and plans that no one knows about.

You are a motivated individual with many dreams for your life that even your closest friends do not know. It is not that you want your life to be a secret, but you figure, why tell people your plans when you can just show them once they become a reality!

1. You are perfect, because you just do you!
Allison is a girl. She likes to think she's "not like other girls" but that probably untrue.
Her Campus at UW-Stout