Last Minute Fashion-Inspired Halloween Costumes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

One doesn’t have to give up style when rushing to put together a last minute costume.  You may find that you already have one in your closet! 

Fashion Icons

(Karl Lagerfeld, Jenna Lyons, Anna Wintour , Iris Apfel)

These are perfect for a last minute costume and can easily be made with what you already have.  These are the people who MAKE fashion. This would the perfect group costume. And don’t forget to include Choupette!

Cher and Dee

One of the iconic movies of the 90’s, Clueless was an epitome of style. Though Cher was known for her ditziness, she was also known for her style. This is the perfect throwback costume. All you need is a little plaid.

Audrey Hepburn

This will always be a classic, and one can never go wrong Audrey. Easily throw on a pearl necklace and a LBD.  Make this a pair costume with a friend dressed as Marilyn Monroe!

Penny Lane

With all the 70’s inspired pieces out right now, this look from Almost Famous would be easy to recreate. With a pair of bell bottoms and some suede, you’ll easily look like a writer for Rolling Stones.

Spice Girls

What better than to go as the ultimate girl squad? Everyone knows this group of pop stars, and together you will really stand out. 

Olivia is a Professional Communications in Emerging Media student at the University of Wisconsin - Stout. Currently the Campus Correspondent for Stout's chapter, she hopes to find a career in journalism. Originally from Milwaukee, Olivia has put her city life on hold to follow her dreams. You can follow her at her Instagram or blog, Olivia Marie.
Her Campus at UW-Stout