Introducing The His Campus Writing Crew

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

I’m proud to introduce Her Campus’ first ever His Campus writing staff! His Campus is designed to be a subsidiary of Her Campus that focuses on the male demographic at a collegiate level. Our mission is to provide top-quality content that is not only relevant to our fellow men but stays true to the Her Campus philosophy. The entire team is based out of the University of Wisconsin- Stout. 

So, without further ado…

Name: Jordan Evans

Age: 23

Major: Health Wellness & Fitness

Why did you take this position?

I took this position because I feel like I have a unique perspective on life. Being the person I am, I have a good understanding of how guys think, and how guys should think. There are a lot of opinions I have and am more than happy to share them with the readers, just ask!

What else do you do on campus aside from writing for His Campus?

I like to play intramural soccer and basketball. I was also involved with the Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity on campus for 3 years.

What are your hobbies?

I enjoy fishing, turkey and pheasant hunting, video games and watching any sort of sporting event. Except cricket, field hockey and lacrosse because they are dumb.

What are your future aspirations?

Personally, I would like to do whatever makes me happy. It would be great to work for a company in the wellness field but if my path leads elsewhere I’m open to it.

How would you describe yourself?

In one word I would say, blunt. However, there is a little more to me than first impressions. I can be rude and very abrassive, but the people who are close to me know I’m a sweetheart, I think.

What else would you like readers to know?

I have a strong opinion on anything and everything, and it’s usually very unique. If you want to know, or just push my buttons and watch me rant then by all means go for it. 

Name: Jack Eitel

Age: 19

Major: Professional Communication and Emerging Media

Why did you take this position?

I took this position because I was encouraged to by Kaitlin Travis, a current HerCampus writer, who approached me after learning we were in the same major. I wanted to use my writing skills in a way that would help me with my Applied Journalism concentration, so I accepted her offer.

What else do you do on campus asides from writing for His Campus?

I am currently a member of the UW-Stout Cheer and Stunt team! We’re the ones that you can see cheering at the home football and basketball games, but we also compete at several events around the state.

What are your hobbies?

I like to read, watch movies, listen to music and play video games. 

What are your future aspirations?

One day I hope that I will be able to work somewhere that I don’t dread going to every day. At the moment I’m not sure what that career will be, as I have just started to explore my interests here at Stout, but I assume that it will involve writing in some way!

How would you describe yourself?

I would describe myself as a little shy to begin with, but once I get comfortable with someone I can be very crazy and outgoing. I like to have a good time and I’m usually up for just about anything with anyone. I’m very adventurous, and really enjoy the outdoors (when it’s warm at least).

I’m very happy to be part of the team here and look forward to developing myself as a writer in the coming weeks!

Name: Jacob Doherty

Age: 19

Why did you take this position?

I’m an activist for social justice

I’m involved in GSA.

What are your hobbies?

I seek out new music and fashion trends as well as skate, do photography, and go to live shows.

What are your future aspirations?

Travel internationally and found my own fashion magazine.

How would you describe yourself?

Mysterious…

I am very passionate about the topics I write about and am always unafraid to express my opinions.

Name: Matthew Gundrum

Age: 21

Why did you take this position?

Because I saw it as a good opportunity to get additional communications experience.

I write for the student led-paper Stoutonia. I’m also in the Professional Association of Communications club (which, by the way, you should join if you’re a PCEM major).

What are your hobbies?

The holy trinity of running, reading, and being a music nerd.

What are your future aspirations?

Editor for a major news aggregate or technical writer for a tech firm. Journalist would be alright but I view that position as an entry point into the communications field as opposed to a lifelong career.

How would you describe yourself?

Not serious, ever. I like to joke around all the time. Any sense of seriousness I may have within me is reserved for professional affairs. 

I’m just a silly, down-to-earth guy who loves to learn!

Her Campus at UW-Stout