This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

In a world full of negative body image, us women need some kind of confidence booster. There are many influential women in today’s news and the world around us. As a college female, you may feel down because you don’t feel as good as others, but you need to stand up for yourself and others or make a difference in your environment.

1.       Jennifer Lawrence

Jennifer Lawrence is genuinely an all American girl. She has an allure with her body that says it is okay to be different and have your own style. When she chopped off her hair, most people were in shock but she rocked it and pulled it off. Another aspect of Jennifer is that she is comfortable being her quirky self.

2.       Beyonce Knowles

Beyonce knows how to work it on stage and keep it private in her daily life. She also sets a positive body image for young women. With her feminist movement on the VMA’s, Beyonce gave hope for a future with more woman advocates. When Beyonce is strutting her stuff, she has so much confidence because she loves what she does and works hard. She also stands up for what she believes in which, in itself, is spectacular.

3.       Angelina Jolie

Angelina has helped out in many ways, but her main influence is overseas. She went on a two week trip to Cambodia, and she believes in humanitarian deeds. Her main focus is on refugees. Another inspirational characteristic is that she donates money for relief to natural disasters in the United States as well. When Malala was shot by the taliban, Jolie was right with her and donated $200,000 to the Malala Fund, making education as important for women as it is for men.

I believe we can learn so much from these women and many others for what they do. When you are young, you may feel insecure or not sure what to do about your life. With the proper role models, you can have a more positive look on life.

“Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible’!”

-Audrey Hepburn

Hannah is currently a freshmen at the University of Wisconsin - Stout. She is studying Business Administration. Along with Her Campus, she enjoys sand volleyball, Netflix, and cats. 
Her Campus at UW-Stout