How to Transition Your Wardrobe from Winter to Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Growing up my parents separated everything into four categories: fall, winter, spring, and summer. It did not matter whether it was tablecloths, artwork, or clothing—everything need to have its respective place. To my parents dismay this mentality did not follow me beyond the fifth grade. As of now I wear clothing from varying seasons during whatever time of year, only making slight adjustments along the way. Of course there are certain exceptions to this: no shorts or flip flops during winter or wool sweaters during summer. However, it saves you so much time and energy to not separate your clothing into different seasons. It is far more economical to have a basic, versatile wardrobe that transcends seasons. Confused on how to pull that off for this transition from winter to spring? Check out some of my top tips on how to be successful:

1. Pack up your tights: Remember that one dress you can only wear during the winter? Well, take away the tights, leggings or whatever other layers you have with it and you have the perfect summer dress.

2. Hold on to your knits: Spring weather can still be quite cold so keep a couple sweaters on hand for those particularly blustery days.

3. Cuff your jeans: Not super tight cuffs but take your looser fitting boyfriend jeans you normally reserve for the fall and winter and pair them with your spring shirts.

4. Get rid of your boots: Sorry, but as soon as the snow melts there is no need to keep wearing those clunky, slush-stained boots. Trade them in for some cool sneakers or flats.

5. Pull out your trench coat: You had that one trench coat you wore all throughout the fall, right up until it started snowing, right? Well, it is time to pull that out again and throw it over your more summery spring looks.

Abigail is a senior at the University of Wisconsin-Stout. She is majoring in Retail Merchandising and Management with a concentration in Fashion Marketing and has a double minor in Business Administration and Spanish. Aside from being a Style Writer for Her Campus, she is involved with Campus Crusade for Christ (CRU) and Street Level Ministries. In her spare time she enjoys collecting art, watching Hallmark movies with family and friends, and going on adventures. 
Her Campus at UW-Stout