diego ph fIq0tET6llw unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
diego ph fIq0tET6llw unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How To Not Let Go Of Summer Just Yet…

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

It would appear that the leaves have adorned themselves in the colors of the season and the smell of pumpkin spice fills the air. While fall brings about many wonderful changes, such as boots and bonfires, there are some of us who are just not ready for the chilly weather. But do not lose hope, there are still some wonderful ways to fill up on that much needed vitamin D before the dreadful winter hits the sidewalks.

1. Fake it until you make it!

Many of us dream of waking up seaside with the gentle waves crashing into the shore nearby, so why not bring that feeling to your own dorm or apartment. Decorate your bathroom with seashells or hang an ocean landscape tapestry on the wall to have you feeling like you’re ocean side all winter long. You will have your own tropical oasis with sharks only making an appearance during shark week.

1. Take your body to paradise!

There is little better than the warmth your body has from a day of lounging in the sun with your skin newly exfoliated from the natural sand beach. While a tanning bed may be a great alternative for some, there are better methods to get that same feeling without the harmfully aging artificial rays. Buy a good exfoliator and a coconut scented self-tanner.  Your skin will be beach soft and all day in class you will catch whiffs of your tropical aroma that will instantly bring you back to those long days on the beach.

1. Drink like you’re on vacation!

No I do not mean take four tequila shots and then dance on a table. I am talking about those fancy delicious drinks that you usually only have on vacation, but make you feel like royalty. Margaritas, Strawberry Daiquiris, Sex on the Beach, Pina Coladas, and so many more. One sip and you will become instantly tranquil and feeling like you’re on a cruise through the bahamas.  It’s a simple way to feel like summer is not yet gone.

1. Rock your yellow polka dot bikini!

Nothing is more depressing than packing up the summer clothes once the first breeze hits. Instead of packing it away, keep it out longer than you usually would. You worked hard for that bikini bod and just because it is a tad chilly does not mean you have to hide away under bulky sweaters and jackets always. Wear your bikini proudly around your apartment or bedroom, your roommates may make you look for someone else to sublease, but at least you will still feel like its summertime.

1. Make yourself sweat!

Summer is hot and sweaty and while the sun may not be there to help with that anymore, you can still get that same feeling from working out. Sweat is sweat whether it is from climate or from physical activity and it can easily trick your body into thinking you are in the very heat of august once again. So, grab your shirt from your vacation to Florida and Baywatch all over that treadmill.

1. Get Lei’d!!!

Throw a lei around your neck and host a luau celebration.  Have everyone come in their best luau attire, play fun games, and barbeque some of your summer food favorites. Or hopefully you were able to skip the hassle of hosting your own party by partaking in UW- Stout’s Homecoming 2015 that was luau themed. Thanks to UW- Stout for helping the students celebrate in summer style!

All in all while we will do our best to enjoy fall, we know winter is coming and once that first glistening snow falls to the ground my advice would be to simply wine about it….

Allison is a girl. She likes to think she's "not like other girls" but that probably untrue.
Her Campus at UW-Stout