How to Host A Fancy Wine Party

One day it hits you that taking shots of gin until 2 in the morning isn't for you any more. Welcome to the next stage of drinking as an adult, wine parties! And here is how you can do it effectively.

1. 1. Make Plans

To host a fancy wine party, you'll need to hit the organizing process hard. You'll need to gather wine preferences, schedules, and dietary restrictions. Going all type A may not be your preference, but going over details with your girls over a good bottle of wine never hurt anyone.

2. 2. Purchase Your Wine

With any luck, you're within a short driving distance of a few good liquor stores. Take this opportunity to look around at what they have to offer, and ask any lingering questions you may have about the wines you're interested in.

3. 3. Clean Your Hosting Space

Last night may have been the big game, but today is all about prepping for another big night. If you want to pass yourself off as a sophisticated adult capable of throwing her own wine parties, you'll need to have your living space reflect that.

4. 4. Mix Around With Pairings

Some classic rules for wine pairings include reds like Cabernet and Merlot with steak, while whites like Sauvignon Blanc and Chardonnay with chicken. Wine can be a very delicate balance, so it's best to get some practice with pairing what's on your table and what's in your glass.

5. 5. Splurge on Wine Glasses

Nice wine glasses are a must-have for adults. Nobody wants to drink a nice Pinot out of a red solo glass.

6. 6. Use a Wine Decanter

You don't actually have to spend a ton of money on wine if you make proper use of a decanter. This will enhance the flavor, while making you look like the most sophisticated college student that has a Pulp Fiction poster on the wall.

7. 7. Perfect Your Presentation

A trick of the trade with hospitality is that presentation makes the meal. Spend some time prepping and preparing your layout.

8. 8. Cheers!

This night in with the girls is definitely one you'll remember for ages; your first grown-up drinking party!

Wine parties are the classiest way to drink as an adult. With some prior proper planning, you'll be able to crush it!

DISCLAIMER: Her Campus does not promote unsafe drinking practices, or underage drinking. Please drink responsibly!