This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Unsure of what to do this year for Halloween due to social distancing guidelines? Here are some ideas and tips to have a safe and fun Halloween.

Watch Movies at Home

There is nothing like watching Halloween movies in your pj’s on your couch with some candy. This can be done just with your family, or you can use Netflix Watch Party to watch with a friend online! I recommend watching Hocus Pocus, Coraline, Corpse Bride, and Rocky Horror Picture Show

Play Online Games

With online games you can play with your friends, and many games have spooky themes or Halloween events! I recommend Animal Crossing, Among Us, Dead by Daylight, and Overwatch

Zoom Costume Party

Host a Zoom party with your friends to show off your costumes and do a pumpkin carving contest! Maybe the winner can get a mailed prize! You can do themes like Netflix shows, horror icons, memes, and more. 

Do a Parade

Set up a drive-by, or walking, parade with your friends or neighborhood. You can dress up, bring pets, and decorate your house! Make sure to social distance and wear masks if necessary. 

Do a Pinterest Night

Ever wanted to try out a cute recipe from Pinterest? Now is the time to do so! It doesn’t matter if it looks like shit as long as it tastes good, is funny, or you enjoy doing it. Plus you can share your goodies with family and friends!

Have a Bonfire

Having a bonfire sets the scene for ghost stories and delicious treats like s’mores. Make sure to sit far apart and bring blankets!

Even though you can’t get wasted at a Halloween party this year, you can still have fun. Make sure to be safe, wear masks out in public, and wash your damn hands. There is nothing scarier than testing positive for Covid.

Hannah Plitzner

UW Stout '23

I'm a college freshman going into Entertainment Design! I like movies, dogs, and drawing. My pronouns are she/her.
Her Campus at UW-Stout