Homecoming Queen Nominee: Hannah Mead

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Name: Hannah Mead

Major: Human Development and Family Studies; Pre-Occupational Therapy Concentration

Year: Senior

Hometown: Iola, WI and Fennimore, WI

Relationship status: In a Relationship

HC: Why did you run for Homecoming royalty?

HM: I was nominated by my chapter to run. It definitely feels good knowing that I have fifty sisters cheering me on and believing that I am a good representation of our organization. Being a candidate is really fun but I’m running for my sisters rather than for my own benefit.

HC: What would winning mean to you?

HM: I moved to a new high school my senior year, so I wasn’t eligible to be on Homecoming Court (you needed to be a registered student for a year.) Even just being able to be considered a candidate is something I never thought was possible. To me, the winning candidates are people who are well-rounded, hardworking and a good representation of the student body. Winning would mean that I am just that- a positive representation of our school.  

HC: How have you been campaigning to become royalty?

HM: I have been taking advantage of social media, chalking and just talking to all of my friends about it. Feel free to check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/hannahforhomecoming

HC: What do people say is your best quality?

HM: People have said that I’m really easy to talk to.

HC: How are you involved in campus? If not, do you want to become more involved?

HM: I would say I’m fairly involved. Along with being a member of Sigma Sigma Sigma, I serve as Vice President of Panhellenic Council (the governing body of the three Panhellenic sororities on campus.) I also work at the Involvement Center and University Housing. I’ve been involved in a bunch of things on campus including various clubs, being a Resident Advisor and working as a Teaching and Research Assistant in the Human Development and Family Studies program.

HC: Where do you see yourself 5-10 years from now?

HM: In 5-10 years I see myself graduated from grad school and being an occupational therapist either working with children with disabilities or older veterans. A cute hubby and a baby would be a bonus.

HC:  Who is the main influence on your life?

HM: My grandma! She always has been the best advice about everything. I lived with her and my grandpa my last few years of high school. My grandparents took me on college tours, gave me financial advice and were encouraging throughout the whole process. I wouldn’t be at college without their help.

HC: If you were given a large amount of money, what is the first thing you would spend it on?

HM: No doubt about it…paying off student loans!

HC: What is your ideal first date experience?

HM: I like food, so anywhere with good food and a lot of it and with a person who doesn’t judge me for how much food I want to consume.

HC: What is an ultimate deal breaker in a relationship?

HM: Lying and cheating. It brings on a slew of other issues that no one has time to deal with. It’s tough, but it’s better to move on and not deal with unnecessary drama and stress.

HC: If you could develop any superpower, what would it be?

HM: As much as I love sleep, I would love if I could just skip it every so often. There’s only twenty four hours in a day and it never feels like enough!

HC: Favorite place on campus?

HM: Definitely the Involvement Center! I work there, but I also do my homework and hang out with my friends there. It’s quiet so you can get homework done, but not too quiet that you can hear yourself think.

HC: Any other quirks about yourself you want people to know

HM:  I am obsessed with sheep. I had a mini freak out the other day at Govin’s when I saw all the sheep!

Allison, Currently student at U of Wisconsin-Stout major in Human Development Studies. Hometown Minneapolis MN- it's been a big change from big city MN to small town WI. Huge fan of teacup pigs and anything furry. Always on the move, type of person you can hear before you see.