Homecoming Queen Nominee: Emily Bierbrauer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Name:  Emily Bierbrauer

Major: Health, Wellness and Fitness

Year: Senior

Hometown: Somerset, WI

Relationship status: Single

HC: Why did you run for Homecoming royalty?

EB: I was nominated by my sorority sisters of Delta Zeta.  I also I wanted to challenge myself and become more involved during Homecoming week and to show how positive the Greek community can be.

HC: What would winning mean to you?

EB: I would be tickled pink if I won!  I have been working so hard at campaigning that it would be great to see all my hard work pay off.  But since I am running with some of my friends, I would be very happy if they won as well.

HC: How have you been campaigning to become royalty?

EB: I have been mostly talking with any and every one.  I am never shy to say hi to new people so just getting out and talking to the campus has been my favorite.  I also have done campaigning on social media, chalking sidewalks and more.

HC: What do people say is your best quality?

EB: I have been told I have great leadership qualities.  I believe this to be true because Delta Zeta has helped me fine-tune that quality through being on the executive board.  I am also told I am very upbeat and pretty outspoken.

HC: How are you involved in campus? If not, do you want to become more involved?

EB: I feel very involved on campus.  I am in Delta Zeta, the Red Cross club on campus (and nationally), the political club, a Bible study and attend religious organizations.

HC: Where do you see yourself 5-10 years from now?

EB: Doing great things!  I plan on using my degree of HWF and helping people achieve their health goals.  Prevention is everything so if I can help someone from going to the ER I will have accomplished what I set out to do.  I also see myself living in Florida where a lot of my family already resides.

HC:  Who is the main influence on your life?

EB: Christ is a huge influence in my life.  Without him, I would be nothing.  Also my parents are very influential in my life because without their love and support, I wouldn’t be here at UW-Stout pursuing my dream!  My dad is very driven and started his own small business so I have always aspired to be like him.

HC: If you were given a large amount of money, what is the first thing you would spend it on?

EB: I would donate a large chunk of it to Starkey Hearing Foundation because that is a charity that touches my heart so deeply.  If you have a chance, watch their video on Youtube and you will see why!  The gift of being able to hear and communicate is so huge!  Next, I would donate it to Virginia Piper Breast Center because without their new advances in care I wouldn’t have my aunt who miraculously was able to survive a very aggressive form of breast cancer. 

HC: What is your ideal first date experience?

EB: Something creative and outside.  I’m not picky.

HC: What is an ultimate deal breaker in a relationship?

EB: Having a great level of respect for one another and a strong foundation of trust.  You can’t possibly be in a fruitful relationship without respect or trust, both play huge roles.  Ladies, you deserve both of these, don’t lower your standards for anything less!

HC: If you could develop any superpower, what would it be?

EB: I want to fly!  If I had that superpower I would fly around all day, every day, hopefully burning a ton of calories while doing it.

HC: Favorite place on campus?

EB: The Fireside in the MSC.  It is so conveniently placed on campus to get a quick bite or to work on homework.

Allison, Currently student at U of Wisconsin-Stout major in Human Development Studies. Hometown Minneapolis MN- it's been a big change from big city MN to small town WI. Huge fan of teacup pigs and anything furry. Always on the move, type of person you can hear before you see.