Her Campus’ Guide to Surviving Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Her Campus wants you to have the best finals week possible. We know how stressful the week can be and it’s a lot of work. So to help you out, we’ve put together some tips with our partners on how to succeed.  

Keep Organized

Finals week brings out the worst in us and you tend to find yourself distracted. You may find yourself misplacing important items as you start to worry about your test schedule. The Vera Bradley ID case allows you to keep the essentials nearby. 

Stay Active

During finals weeks, it’s important to stay active. Exercise is a great way to destress and keep your blood flowing before a late night study session. With a Sorel water bottle, you can easily stay hydrated. Just clip it to your gym bag and you’re ready for your morning workout.

Feel Great

It can be tempting to slip into your comfiest pants and walk out the door at the last minute for your test. But, sometimes taking the time to get ready in the morning can help get your energy flowing  and give you some extra confidence. You can keep things just as relaxed with some beachy waves. You will look like you just came off the beach (instead of your bed with the TRESemme sea salt spray.

Real jewelry can be too fussy and distracting during a test. For a glam look that won’t get in your way, try the Michael Kors tattoo bracelets. The gold tattoos are scented with the new Gold fragrance collection and will help give you that extra boost before the day begins.

Study Break

Don’t overwork yourself! You may find yourself studying too hard and it’s OK to take a break. Sit back for ten minutes to enjoy a cup of coffee and some light reading. Issue No.2 of #ActuallySheCan is the perfect read to take your mind off the pressures of finals. Nothing like a little motivational reading to help keep you from feeling overwhelmed.

A great way to relax during your downtime is to master your selfie game. With a pair of glasses from AdmitSee, you can make any selfie look on fleek. Sometimes a few minutes joking around is all you need to take your mind off things.

Be Healthy

The long hours and all-nighters can be hard on your body. You may find yourself getting sick from the extra stress. The last thing you need to worry about is whether or not you’re catching a cold. Stay on top of things with some Cold-EEZE. This quick melting medicine will help relieve your sore throat and cough before the big week.

Good on your finals Stouties! And thank-you to our sponsors for helping us survive finals week!

Olivia is a Professional Communications in Emerging Media student at the University of Wisconsin - Stout. Currently the Campus Correspondent for Stout's chapter, she hopes to find a career in journalism. Originally from Milwaukee, Olivia has put her city life on hold to follow her dreams. You can follow her at her Instagram or blog, Olivia Marie.
Her Campus at UW-Stout