Greek Week Candidate: Laura Betz

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Name: Laura Betz

Year: Senior

Major: Retail Merchandising & Management Concentration in Buying & Product Management.

HC: Which sorority are you representing?

LB: Delta Zeta

HC: Aside from the Greek community what are you involved with on campus?

LB: Stout Retail Association.

HC: Why did you choose to run for Miss Greek Week?

LB: My sisters nominated me and I thought I would accept because it is my senior year and it is a fun way to be really involved in my last year of Greek Week! I am honored to represent Delta Zeta this week.

HC: Why should you win Miss Greek Week?

LB: I am stepping out of my comfort zone by running for Miss Greek Week and I want other people to know and feel like they can try something different too! I am very involved in my sorority and therefore I am passionate about everything we stand for such as our philanthropies, scholarship, and sisterhood.

HC: What’s your favorite part of Greek Week?

LB: My favorite part of Greek Week is Greek Olympics on the final day of Greek Week. It is fun to have all the sororities and fraternities come together and compete in a fun competitive environment!

HC: What’s your life motto?

LB: Have the Joy Juice!

HC: Anything else you want to add?

LB:  My favorite things to do are shopping and being outside so I can ski, golf, and go boating!

Allison, Currently student at U of Wisconsin-Stout major in Human Development Studies. Hometown Minneapolis MN- it's been a big change from big city MN to small town WI. Huge fan of teacup pigs and anything furry. Always on the move, type of person you can hear before you see.