Greek Week Candidate: Amanda Olson

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Name: Amanda Olson

Year: Junior

Major: Human Development and Family Studies with a concentration in Criminal Justice

HC: Which sorority are you representing?

AO: Sigma Sigma Sigma! 

HC: Aside from the Greek community what are you involved with on campus?

AO: I just work… a lot! I work at the UW Stout Technology Helpdesk Tech along with having an off campus job, at the Arc of Dunn County.

HC: Why did you choose to run for Miss Greek Week?

AO: I chose to run for Ms. Greek Week because I love my sorority and I love Greek Life. I thought I’d be a good representation of our sorority to help us win! 

HC: Why should you win Miss Greek Week?

AO: I think I should win because I’m very friendly within the Greek Community because I love being friends with everyone. I also show a lot of love and dedication to my org. 

HC: What’s your favorite part of Greek Week?

AO: My favorite part of Greek Week, besides when it’s over and stress free of course, is the dance. I’ve been dancing for most of my life. I even choreographed this year’s routine.

HC: What’s your life motto?

AO: “Nothing worth having comes easy.”

HC: Anything else you want to add?

AO: I’m a huge Chicago Blackhawks fan! :)

Allison, Currently student at U of Wisconsin-Stout major in Human Development Studies. Hometown Minneapolis MN- it's been a big change from big city MN to small town WI. Huge fan of teacup pigs and anything furry. Always on the move, type of person you can hear before you see.