Cameron Smith-Girl Smirk Smile Hat Laid Back Theatre
Cameron Smith / Her Campus

Grade A Tweets About the Astros Scandal

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

We’re a week into MLB’s Spring Training, and things are getting heated. Word has officially come out that the American League Championship team, the Houston Astros, did some shady stuff to be as successful as they’ve been. Which should really come as a surprise to nobody, as the Astros have been an underperforming team for a very long time. They shouldn’t be going toe-toe with the Tigers, much less the Athletics. Nonetheless, it’s been quite some time since baseball was rocked by a scandal like this, and we’ve seen the invention of memes since the Black Sox Scandal of 1919. Here are just a few solid jokes to last you until opening day!

Children’s Books

More Cheating Implications

Getting Historical

The Investigation Process

Giving the Nationals Their Rightful Praise

Children’s Disapproval

Shout out to Isiah! Kid knows what’s up. 

The Shame Tour

Do you really need an excuse to go to the Coliseum?

Sports Definitely Aren’t Short of Scandals…

Is 2020 Going to be the Year Stadiums Have Better Signs than Concerts?

Spring Training Retribution

“Say it ain’t so, Joe.”

Stephanie Zengler is a Business Administration major and Communication Studies minor, and she completely understands if you think her last name is actually Ziegler. Like a lot of business majors, Stephanie has a favorite Andrew Carnegie quote, and like a good communication minor, has very strong opinions on the Oxford comma. Aside from being a Stout student, Stephanie is an avid fan of Bay Area sports, Fleetwood Mac, and the amazingly perfect show Dollface.