This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Most college students have been told to do a study abroad program during their college career. When else in life will they have an opportunity to get to study and travel to a different country? Not only does studying abroad give students a chance share pictures of their awesome experiences and be able to brag about it to their friends, but study abroad programs also look really impressive on a resume. CEA Study Abroad Program offers a wide variety of classes in countries around the world which give students a more independent option for studying abroad than the faculty led programs that Stout offers.

From the moment a student chooses to study abroad through CEA, they will have help with the entire process, from deciding on the country, to picking out classes at a university, to helping cope with homesickness or celebrate the awesome moments of the trip. CEA hooks students up with both American and international supports groups so there is both a home base but also international groups that will help the students immerse themselves in the culture. Whether they wish to study in South Africa for business, the Czech Republic for liberal arts, or Spain for Spanish language and history, CEA can create and fit students in a program that will earn them credits while engrossing them in the country’s culture.

This opportunity to gain independence in the study abroad experience is the greatest takeaway that CEA has over a UW-Stout faculty led study abroad program. While Stout offers a variety of different choices such as Papermaking in Japan or Photography and Art History in Italy, students are limited to those specific courses and the itinerary the faculty member have scheduled.

With CEA, students have option to pick out which classes they would like to take as well as the independence to explore on their own time. As Stout student Rachel Kolias put it, “Within the first week I had learned the metro system in Paris all by myself! I would have never learned how to do things like that on my own from a faculty led program.” Most of her classes took place outside of the classroom, touring the museums, visiting different exhibits, and exploring life in the city itself.  

One of the biggest concerns for college students with studying abroad is the cost of their trip. Money should never be a reason a student has to opt out of an opportunity that could potentially change their life. CEA understands this ordeal and offers a variety of scholarship programs to help ease that stress. The earlier a student enrolls in a CEA program, the more options they have of receiving financial help.

College students need to seriously consider studying abroad no matter which major they choose. If students are late in the game with only a couple semesters left in their college career, CEA can still make their studying abroad dreams come true. Through CEA, students can study for credit class they need in the country they have always dreamed about traveling to even if their generals are taken care of.

Go to CEA’s website http://www.ceastudyabroad.com/ and see how you can make your dreams a reality. Studying abroad is one of the greatest opportunities that colleges can offer; take the chance and see where it can lead you.  

Jessica is a senior at the University of Wisconsin-Stout and is currently finishing a bachlor's degree in Professional Communication and Emerging Media with a concentration in Applied Journalism. She has a specification in Health and Nutrition and would like to combine her fields to work in the health care setting as a social media coordinator or with public relations once she graduates collge in May 2015. "Every day I am inspired by words." You can follow Jessica on Twitter @jess_hovel.
Her Campus at UW-Stout