Find Your One: A Guide To Upcoming Organization Meetings

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

With over 150 student organizations on the UW-Stout campus, you have no excuse to not find a club and get involved! There are meetings for different clubs every day of the week in so many different places! What’s your excuse now? Here is a list of upcoming club meetings on campus.

1.)   AIGA Meeting

Mondays Jarvis 110

5:45pm

Are you a graphic designer? Are you interested in expanding your portfolio while having fun and meeting new people? AIGA is a national organization targeted for designers and learning new techniques.

2.)   Greensense

Monday 6:15

As Stout students, we are all aware of the recycling efforts around campus. Well, there is a whole organization Greensense is an environmental organization that strives to raise awareness of both global and local environmental issues.

3.)   International Relations Club

Meetings Once a Month with various activities

Since the establishment in 1964, the International Relations Club (IRC) encourages interaction between international students and U.S. Students. Because the international students have many questions and many things they want to experience with their time in the U.S., the IRC helps by answering any questions and helping achieve their goals!

4.)   Colleges Against Cancer

Monday 7:15

Ballroom C MSC

Colleges Against Cancer is a national organization dedicated to fighting cancer, helping the American Cancer Society by volunteering and instating programs on campus from the American Cancer Society.

5.)   University Theater

Wednesday 6:30

Tainter Hall Room 14

Interested in performance?  Currently auditioning for The Good Doctor, The University Theater is open to all Stout students!

6.)   Stout Swing Club

Wednesday 7:30

MSC Ballrooms

Are you a good dancer? No? Me either! Join Stout Swing Club for weekly professional or student taught lessons!

7.)   Stoutonia

Every other Wednesday

Jarvis 103

The UW-Stout Newspaper! Check http://stoutonia-online.com for available paid positions!

8.)   Stout RPGs

Thursday 7pm

Maple/Cedar Room MSC

The Stout RPG club dedicated to role playing, assisting in forming role playing groups, and offering role-playing as a social activity.

9.)     Paint Ball Club

Reball MPR Sundays

Practices at Vintage Paintball Park in Hudson, Wisconsin

The UW-Stout Paint Ball Club plays both speedball and woodsball while competing at the college level NCPA tournaments.

10.)  Stout Senate

Tuesday 6:30pm

Oakwood Room MSC

The Stout Student Association (SSA) is a student government including an executive board and senators that are elected by the student body.  SSA controls approximately $400,000 activity fee money, which is delegated to recognized student organizations and University Recreation. In addition, SSA controls $500,000- $900,000 in technology fees for technology related proposals.

11.) Her-Campus- Stout

Tuesday 7:00pm

Jarvis 103

As a branch of HerCampus.com, we are dedicated and enthusiastic students bringing you the most interesting, recent, and entertaining news stories!

Don’t see anything interesting here? Browse Orgsync at http://studentorgs.uwstout.edu to see all of UW-Stout’s student run organizations!

Abigail Filcher is originally from Green Bay, Wisconsin and is a junior majoring in Graphic Design with a concentration in Interactive Media and Business Administration with a double emphasis in Marketing and Art. She is known as a nap addict, chocoholic, and dedicated coffee connoisseur.
Her Campus at UW-Stout