Fall Activities We All Love and Miss

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

There’s almost nothing better than seeing the beautiful colors on the trees of fall and watching as the leaves gently fall to the ground around you. There are so many fun fall activities that you may not even know about or remember to do. Don’t forget to take these opportunities to fall in love with fall!

1. Bonfires

Whenever I’m out walking and driving and I smell bonfires, I instantly melt inside. The smell and being able to sit around a warm fire with family and/or friends sharing laughter and making memories is a great way to get in touch with fall. Get wrapped up in a blanket and enjoy the beautiful flames and the evening sky and air.

2. Jump in a leaf pile

Jumping in a pile of leaves always brings out the inner child in all of us. Even stepping and crunching all the leaves on the ground is fun too! Raking up all the leaves and jumping in them just to make a mess and having to rake them up again will put a smile on your face.

3. Make decorations out of leaves

You can go out and buy boring and expensive fall decorations or you could pick a few pretty leaves from outside, and make your own decorations! These crafty decorations are not only cheap but also beautiful and have a personal touch to them! They can add a true fall touch to any room.

4. Make delicious pumpkin desserts

Whatever your favorite pumpkin desserts are, from pumpkin pie to pumpkin bars, enjoy all that fall has to offer. You don’t need to stop at desserts, there are many fall flavors for all meals including your morning coffee.

5. Hayrides

Hayrides are a great way to get outside and enjoying the beautiful trees and feeling the crisp, fresh air. You can find hayrides at fall festivals, pumpkin patches, and apple orchards.

6. Apple picking

Apple orchards are lots of fun for family and friends and for all ages alike. The best part is picking out the best apples and making lots of awesome desserts or just simply enjoying nature’s fruit right off the tree.

7. Pumpkin patch

Pumpkin patches, just like apple orchards, are tons of fun for everyone. Whether you are looking for pumpkins for decoration, to eat, or to carve, pumpkin patches are the best place to be in fall! Don’t forget to take lots of selfies!

8. Corn Mazes

If you want to get wrapped up in the fall season, try getting lost in a corn maze. If you get scared easily, bring some friends and enjoy a nice long walk through the maze. Watch out for the scarecrow!

9. Go for a hike

Sometimes, to best enjoy the fall season, taking a hike through some trails or just outside, in general, is the best. You can get some easy exercise and get to see the beautiful trees and feel the nice, cold air which is a win-win.

10. Carve a pumpkin

Nothing screams fall like carving pumpkins. After getting your perfect pumpkin, start carving away your favorite design and place a candle in it to light up your awesome creation. Don’t be afraid to get dirty and have some awesome pumpkin photoshoots!

11. Just breathe

Sometimes we all forget during the fall season, as we get busy with our own daily lives, to just simply breath. Take in the cool, fresh air and enjoy life. Remember to be grateful for what you have and thankful for the loved ones in your life.

There are hundreds to thousands of fun fall activities that are great for yourself and family and friends. Whatever you choose, just have fun! Fall doesn’t last long, so enjoy all that it has to offer to do activities that will get you active and having fun. 

Hello! My name is Elizabeth Jacobson, but most people call me Liz for short. I am a sophomore this year at UW-Stout to get my Bachelors degree in Business Administration. I plan to have an emphasis in entrepreneurship so that after college I can pursue my dreams of owning my own store. I have a passion for writing. I love new ideas, meeting new people, and exploring different things in life. 
Her Campus at UW-Stout