This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

The end of the school year brings about a variety of emotions for all the collegiates on UW- Stout’s campus. With caffeine being the sole thing keeping our hearts pumping, everything seems to be in overdrive as we try to get the grades we want, while making lifelong memories. As you’ve began to study, I’m sure you’ve felt at least one of these emotions:

The Study Binge

For every class that you thought you could sleep through and learn the material later, it’s coming back to bite you now, while you stay up all night trying to understand  the difference between a debit and a credit. Hours spent with your nose in a book or under your pillow trying to soak up and temporarily memorize as much information as possible before taking the test that counts for half your grade. Hint: Debit is the left side, credit is the right side.

The Last Times

For everyone graduating and heading into the real world, you will find yourself becoming sentimental over all the “last times”. For example, “this is our last time, getting dollar margaritas,”this is our last time going out together,” or “this is our last time being nearly harassed by these shameless squirrels.” Everything you seem to do becomes your last time and a reason to celebrate and reminisce. You may end up going on at least five roommate dinners, but hey, it could have been the last time.

The Caffeine Induced Alter Ego

The last few weeks of school bring about a side of people that is not normally seen. I have dubbed this the caffeine induced alter ego. You can spot one of these students from a mile away. Sitting in one of the coffee shops on Broadway Street with a stern focused face, their fingers flipping pages faster than ever, with sweat that dripping down their back, as the idea of finals looms through their thoughts. This person is a visible ball of stress that is either about to snap or break down and cry at any second. My advice: Give them food and water and slowly back away.

The Casually Dating

The end of school posts a problem for those certain couples that aren’t really couples…. but kind of are seeing each other… but it’s not like super serious… but did kiss in public the other day…. but have no idea what that means…couples. You know the type I’m talking about. Those on again-off again kids who are so unsure of themselves that they can’t possibly be sure of someone else. With the inevitable approach of summer and distance, you will find  these people in a state of distraction wondering if this is going to be for real, or if they stop linking up now or go out with a bang.

The Memory Lane

Especially with the seniors in mind, this is the time of year to look back and see how far you have come and all that you have overcome. College is not easy. From relationships to internships, you have accomplished so much in your four or more years, and your life is just starting here. Everything you’ve been through and had to endure has only helped to shape you into the person you need to be in the future. We won’t forget our time at UW- Stout and we rank our school for all the memories we have been given. One such memory being the exact way to say “REEEEHHHHABBB” correctly (as much as we may wish we could forget it).

Until next time or next year Stouties. Stay Stout Proud!

Allison is a girl. She likes to think she's "not like other girls" but that probably untrue.
Her Campus at UW-Stout