Drop Dead Gorgeous Halloween Costumes and Makeup

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Halloween isn’t just for little kids anymore!

But we all know how expensive and uncomfortable costumes can be. Check out these top picks and strut around campus this year looking fearless. 

Vampire Diaries

Outfit: Go for your little black dress, some lace tights, and black heels. The leather jacket gives it a nice vampy touch.

Makeup and Jewelry: You can really have a lot of fun picking out unique costume jewelry like chokers and giant rings. Keep your makeup dark and smoky. Add in red and black ombre lips for a killer look.

Under the Sea

Outfit: Even the little mermaid has a dark side. A cute lacey bra or swim suit top will work great for this. However, if you want to go all out, bedazzle your top and add some fish net material with sea shells.

Makeup: Dark eyes and lips with a tint of sea green really pull this together. If you want to make it even more realistic, follow the “hooked” mermaid makeup tutorial above or click here for the full video. 

The Walking Dead

Outfit: Use your old clothes and rip holes in them. If you want to go the extra mile, go ahead and burn them a little. 

Makeup: Keep it really ghostly and go for a foundation that is 1-2 shades lighter.

Sugar Skull

Outfit: This costume requires a little extra work, but getting a simple black corset and tutu will get the job done! 

Makeup: Have fun with this look by replicating the classic sugar skull design. Add giant roses or other flowers to pull everything together.

Fairly Dark

Outfit: Your little black dress will also work perfectly for this dark fairy costume. Match it with a long black tutu over the top and you’re all set!

Makeup: Glitter will definitely be your friend. Use it to make everything look more whimsical. Also, keep your hair messy and tangle in some small flowers.

Her Campus at UW-Stout