This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Descendants (staring Dove Cameron, Cameron Boyce, Sofia Carson, and Booboo Stewart) is a trilogy live action Disney Original Movie series. 

Enter a future fairytale land where the world is split into two places: Auradon, home to everyone’s favorite Disney heroes, princes, and princesses or The Isle of the Lost, a magic-less prison for the darkest of Disney villains. 

Taking a chance on the kids of the villains, main character Prince Ben invites over four of the children of the most ruthless fairy tale villains. 

Obviously mischief is going to be afoot. 

Below is a list of the top four reasons to love (or at least check out) the trilogy!

The Characters

Between Carlos, Mal, Evie, Jay, Uma, Prince Ben, Jane and countless others there is definitely many characters to choose from for your favorite. 

The cast and characters are very diverse. 

There is someone for everyone to love. 

The Songs 

If you loved Glee, then you’ll adore the songs and dance numbers for sure. Even if you don’t enjoy musicals it’s hard to not admit that the songs slap. 

It’s an Add-On to Disney Source Material You Didn’t Know You Needed 

Second Generation Disney Characters? Usually that would be a cringey no thank you, but with the content being well written and the amazing portrayals from the actors and actresses it exceeds the expectation. 

The Message 

A coming of age story. 

They’re the misfits, the kids from the wrong side of the tracks. There’s a struggle for acceptance, to fit in and not knowing which side to take. But they’re not the bad guys. 

Keeping this spoiler free was definitely difficult, but now you’ll have to check it out for yourself on your next Disney Movie binge. 

(Found on Hulu Live, Amazon Prime, and Disney Streaming Services.) 

I'm Kassi, I study animation.I like turtles.
Her Campus at UW-Stout