Designs We Didn’t Expect to See at London Fashion Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

London Fashion Week was filled with more than a few surprises this season, one of which includes the reappearance of our once beloved Crocs. The shoe that adorned most of our feet in 2006 has made its way to high fashion. Christopher Kane’s collection featured models strutting down the runway with the marbled shoes adorned in sparkly minerals. Kane’s Crocs may have made a statement, but perhaps our pair shouldn’t come out of the back of the closet just yet.

The single earring trend continues to push forward this year if you haven’t jumped on the bandwagon since last spring. Several designers including J.W. Anderson and Mary Katrantzou accessorized their looks with singular ear charms. The bold statement pieces could be worn alone or be mismatched with another earring.

Temperley’s Spring/Summer designs might just be the Lisa Frank inspired collection of our dreams. With the use of bold hues, embroidery, and glitter, this collection more than resembles our favorite childhood accessories. Temperley’s collection will more than likely be lining the inside of our wardrobes come springtime. I’m not ashamed to admit those leopard-print shoes will be too.

Olivia is a Professional Communications in Emerging Media student at the University of Wisconsin - Stout. Currently the Campus Correspondent for Stout's chapter, she hopes to find a career in journalism. Originally from Milwaukee, Olivia has put her city life on hold to follow her dreams. You can follow her at her Instagram or blog, Olivia Marie.