December Must See Movies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Usually some of the best films are released towards the end of the year. I have compiled a list of movies to see during the month of December that are much anticipated. Happy watching!

1.       The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies

This movie is the long awaited end to the Hobbit trilogy and will start showing on December 17, 2014 nationwide. Bilbo Baggins finds himself holding on for life in this epic finale for the treasure he has been waiting for his entire existence. Make sure to watch the other two films before seeing the final one. Rated PG-13.

2.       Unbroken

Coming from the director, Angelina Jolie, comes a drama about an Olympic runner who ends up captured by the Japanese concurrent to World War Two. This chronicle follows Louis’ journey in POW camps and how he survives. It stars John Mango, Jack O’Connell, Finn Wittrock, as well as others. Rated PG-13 for war violence and brief language. Opens on Christmas, 2014.

3.       The Interview

If you are looking for more of a humorous film and are a diehard Seth Rogan fan, you’re in luck! Directed by Seth Rogan and Evan Goldberg, comes a comedy of beating around the bush and pretending they are someone they obviously aren’t. James Franco and Seth Rogan run a popular celebrity show and the North Koreans dictator loves the show. Seth and James have to go there and interview as journalists but really they are there to assassinate the dictator. Comes out Christmas, 2014. Not rated.

4.       Annie

From the renowned play, comes the film version and it is said to be spectacular! The plot includes an orphan who lives in a rough family. She ends up making it on the streets of New York with her bright personality and always smiling. The cast includes Jamie Foxx, Cameron Diaz and Quvenzhane Wallis as Annie. Rated PG and comes out nationwide December 19th, 2014.

“Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever…it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything.”

-Aaron Siskind

Hannah is currently a freshmen at the University of Wisconsin - Stout. She is studying Business Administration. Along with Her Campus, she enjoys sand volleyball, Netflix, and cats. 
Her Campus at UW-Stout