Campus Cutie: Couples Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Him-

Name: Casey Holman

Year: Sophomore

Major: Game Design & Development (Computer Science Concentration), with a minor in Psychology.

Her-

Name: Ellen Plumb

Year: Sophomore

Major: HRTM (Event Planning Emphasis)

HC: What are your favorite on campus organizations?

Him: An-Bu, the anime and Japanese culture club, of which I am president. I like Swing Club as well! 

Her: Stout Event Society and HEC, because I’m in both of them.  And An-Bu, because the president (Casey) is cute!

HC: Where did the two of you meet?

Her: Casey and I met last year when we were both in the (AFM) 3rd floor lounge.  It was pretty late at night so we were both trying to do homework, but we ended up talking. Somehow we ended up watching roller coaster tycoon videos until really early in the morning.  He managed to slip his phone number into my laptop without me noticing, and I found it the next morning!

HC: So clearly, Casey made the first move?

Him: Me. 100% me.  I don’t even think she knew I liked her until I tried to kiss her!

HC: Do you have any pet peeves with each other?

Her: Casey never wakes up on time, so if we’re doing something together in the morning it’s a big struggle.  Although, I did find a great wake up song I play for him sometimes that he really loves . . . not!

HC: What is your favorite date you’ve been on together?

Him: Well we’re both pretty busy, but of the official dates we have been on, (I’d choose) probably the one for my birthday. It started out as kind of a mess, but ended in a really fun night!  We started trying to go to Zanzibar, but they were closed.  Then we were going to go to Eau Claire, but her car wouldn’t start.  In the end, we borrowed a friend’s car, and went to a Japanese place.  It was awesome! 

HC: What keeps your relationship strong, and what advice do you have for other couples?

Her: I’m no master at relationships, but I’d say ours works because we have a good balance between being together and living our own lives.  We each do our own thing during the day, but we see each other nearly every night and talk about our days.

Kate is a junior at University of Wisconsin Stout.  She is a Professional Communication and Emerging Media major, with a concentration in Applied Journalism and a minor in Speech Communication.   Very soon she will also be dual majoring in Digital Marketing Technology. Her interests include blogging, writing, swing dancing, watching movies and (yes) training llamas back home.  Check out her blog at http://collegiettebyday.com
Her Campus at UW-Stout