8 Killed in Ohio Shootings

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Last Friday in Pike County, Ohio, eight members of the Rhoden family were killed in their sleep at four different locations. Three of the four crime scenes had marijuana-growing operations, adding to the case’s intrigue.

Authorities identified the victims as Hannah Gilley, 20; Christopher Rhoden, Sr., 40; Christopher Rhoden, Jr., 16; Clarence “Frankie” Rhoden, 20; Dana Rhoden, 37; Gary Rhoden, 38; Hanna Rhoden, 19; and Kenneth Rhoden, 44.

Who and why these people were killed is still under investigation. However, the complex nature of the crime indicates it was pre-planned, and the brutality of the killings indicate the killer(s) knew the victims. It is unknown if the killings had anything to do with the marijuana-growing operations.  

One of the locations being investigated in Pike County, Ohio

Jack is a senior at the University of Wisconsin-Stout, originally from Plymouth, Minnesota. He is majoring in Professional Communication and Emerging Media with a minor in Spanish.
Her Campus at UW-Stout