yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

8 Halloween Costume Ideas for Lazy Girls

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Looking for a Halloween costume that requires virtually no effort whatsoever? I’ve got you covered, no matter what your style is.

1. Sia

It’s as easy as cutting long bangs on a blonde wig. Since your whole face is covered, there’s no need for makeup, and you can wear an all-black outfit made from clothes you already own. You’ll be easily recognizable as the pop-culture icon and can rock an authentic Chandelier karaoke routine that’ll be sure to entertain your friends. 

2. Anything in Onesie Form

Walmart sells various onesies for $20. Pick one up and you’re immediately transformed into a giraffe, Batman, Ariel, or a Minion. And they double as pajamas, so there’s no need to change before bed.

3. A Guy

Steal some basketball shorts and a t-shirt from your brother or a close guy friend. With a backwards snapback and some drawn on facial hair, you don’t have to worry about buying anything or doing your makeup. If you really want to impress, try this amazing half and half look. 

4. Ghost

The laziest but most festive Halloween costume yet! Cut two holes in an old sheet, throw it over your head, and head out for a night of trick-or-treating (no one can tell how old you are under there!). If you live somewhere cold, this costume allows you to pile on the layers underneath without sacrificing your look.

5. Princess

We all have an old prom or homecoming dress gathering dust in our closet back home. Why not put it to good use and be a princess for Halloween? Buy a cheap dollar store tiara, put on some heels, and you’re good to go! Bonus points for stepping up your game and going as a zombie princess.

6. Vampire

Black cape, plastic fangs, and some fake blood are all you need to pull off this costume. The black cape isn’t even necessary; wear whatever you want and you can tell everyone you’re from Twilight. You can do some dramatic eye makeup if you’re feeling it, or just smudge some black eyeliner around your eyes to make your face look sallow.

7. Wednesday Addams

Wednesday is a classic and all you need to pull her off is a black collared dress and braids! Finish with dark lipstick and your best brooding face and there will be no mistaking who you are this Halloween.

8. Regina George

Her classic look is easily replicable with a cheap white tank top and bright sports bra. You’ll be the queen bee of the party after putting little to no effort into your costume. And if you want to coordinate with friends, Gretchen, Karen, and even Cady are easy to throw together.

There’s no reason to go all out with your costume every year, and sometimes keeping it simple is the key to killing it on Halloween.

Sarah is a freshman in the Professional Communications program at UW-Stout. She hopes to work as a journalist after graduation. When she's not writing, she can be found reading true crime novels, hiking, or watching HGTV.
Her Campus at UW-Stout