8 Hairstyles to Try This Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

With spring just a month away (hopefully!), you might be itching for a new look. If you don’t know where to start or need some inspiration, here are eight cool hair trends to try out this spring!

Low Romantic Pony

Want something quick and easy, yet still super cute? Try this adorable low pony. Simply tie hair into a low pony and tie a ribbon around the band to add a sophisticated touch to this classic look.

Beautifully Bodacious Braid

According to Allure magazine, the trick to creating a textured braid like this is to scrunch scrunch scrunch! First, mist volumizing spray all over damp hair, and then scrunch as you blow the hair dry with a diffuser. Then, add in some light curls on the top layer, comb them through and continue to add a classic braid at the nape of your neck, and voila! A lovely bodacious braid at your fingertips.

Top of the Line Topknot

First off, how gorgeous is J-Law? Besides that point, this easy topknot is perfect to suit any face. To achieve this effortless look, put your hair into a ponytail at the top of your head, twist the pony around the base, tuck the ends and slide in bobby pins to secure. To get a windblown look, let your bangs down or let loose a few hairs around your face.

Trendy Turban

To achieve this funky trend, texturize your hair with texturizing spray to add volume and to ensure the scarf doesn’t fall off, and then secure your hair in a bun at the nape of your neck. Next, fold your scarf into a wide strip and place the middle against the bottom of your neck, pulling the ends forward and crossing them over at the center of your forehead. Bring the ends back to the nape of your neck and tie them.

Color Me Pink

Need some color in your life? Add a hint of pink … or purple, blue and green? Unless you are daring like Katy Perry, opt for hair chalking before totally committing to permanent hair coloring. 

Fantastic Fringe

We are absolutely loving the bold bang this season! While most people look great with this look, it tends to flatter oval and heart-shaped faces more; but according to hairstylist Luigi Murenu, the real trick to achieving the perfect bang is the length: “The bangs have to be short in the middle and longer at the temples,” Murenu says.

Textured Bob

Looking to lose a few inches? Try this awesome textured bob. Just add volumizer spray and rough dry it while just smoothing the front pieces of hair with a round brush. To add overall texture, try adding some styling wax for a piecey, less polished look.

Bold and Beautiful

Feeling extra daring? Try this perfect pixi cut, shown here by Shailene Woodley. To get this slicked back look, add gel — try choosing a formula that will provide you with shine all day without flaking.

All images provided by Allure.com