ethan robertson SYx3UCHZJlo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ethan robertson SYx3UCHZJlo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

7 Cafés in Minnesconsin You Need To Try

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Now that fall is here, adventuring is a must. Here are some adorable cafes located in Minnesota and Wisconsin that are worthy of making the trek to. Each one provides coffee and delicious treats, while also maintaining a very specific attitude. 

1.Moka – La Crosse, WI

When I went here, I got a Chai Tea Latte and worked on homework, and it was one of the best I’ve ever had. They have an Oreo cookie latte there, which is on my bucket list of things to try. You can also find a Moka in Madison, WI, and Rochester, MN.

2.The Nucleus Café – Eau Claire, WI

This place is actually on my to-visit list. They’re open 8AM-2PM, and their crepes look so amazing! They have a lot of different creative omelets and lunch options as well.

3.Marion’s Legacy – Menomonie, WI

Normally I don’t have a super detailed order with my coffee, but with how much I go here, I’ve developed a very specific drink that is DELICIOUS. I’ve tried pretty much all of the food here and it’s all amazing. I always pair whatever I get with a white chocolate cookie dough mocha with skim milk. The espresso brown or the pesto pasta is my favorite.

4.French Meadow Bakery – Minneapolis, MN

This place has coffee, summer time drinks, burgers, pasta, and sandwiches. So basically, it has it all. It has outside seating, which is perfect for a nice day out, plus this place is close to uptown, so this is a perfect stop for your city adventure.

5.Black Coffee and Waffle – Minneapolis, MN

This place has the cutest little wall that everyone takes pictures by, and the waffles are delicious! The coffee drink I had was amazing as well. Since this was near Como Zoo, I would definitely recommend going there afterwards!

6.Muddy Waters – Minneapolis, MN

This place is primarily a bar, but when I went, I tried the coffee and one of their delicious hotdogs. Their prices are pretty reasonable, and they even have a happy hour. They serve pizza, burgers, and weekend brunch!

7. Tin Bins – Stillwater, MN

This great little shop is inside of an old grain bin. They have delicious mochas, yummy food, and alcoholic options if you’re of age. They have live music on weekends, and Stillwater is a small town that’s perfect for wandering around and shopping. 

Kelly is a sophomore at The University of Wisconsin - Stout studying Cross Media Graphics Management, and planning on minoring in Marketing. She is a tattoo and piercing enthusiast who loves sports, binge watching netflix, and staying fit. 
Her Campus at UW-Stout